cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lender pulling credit from only 2 bureaus?

tag
wallacecody25
New Contributor

Lender pulling credit from only 2 bureaus?

So, I'm in the process of purchasing my first home, and I have a question about hard inq. So, Dec 12th I applied for a mortgage. LO pulls my credit, and says my EQ is too low, and I need to bring it up. I check my FICO EQ, and sure enough the collection I PFD a few months back is still there. I dispute the account, and they remove it very quickly with my score shooting up around 35 points. So, I talk with my LO again, and let her know my score is good to go now. She pulls credit reports again, and everything looks great on Jan 3rd. She pulls my credit again on Jan 11th to make sure everything is still looking good i guess. My question is, I see 3 hard pulls on experian(freecreditreport.com) and 3 hard pulls on TU(fico), but 0 inquiries on EQ(fico). How does this happen? I do have 2 other hard inquiries on Equifax from CC apps, but thats it. Also, from what I understand, if the inquiry is coded as a mortgage inquiry does it have a 14 day or 45 day window for all hard inquiries to count as one? Ive heard conflicting information regarding this. Thanks in advance!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Holly1221
Regular Contributor

Re: Lender pulling credit from only 2 bureaus?

I think it's a 45 day window but I am NOT sure.

When lender pulled mine it only showed on TU & EQ (I can't check experian) but it took at least a week or so to show up on the site here when I ordered my EQ report.  TU showed up right away on the Transunion site.

12/27/11: EQ 618 / TU 621 / EX 643 (lender pull for CLOSING!)
MYFICO: EQ 618 / TU 610 on 12-07-11
MyFico EQ: 603 on 12-01-11
Current: 594 EQ/ 616 EX/ 599 TU (lender pulls 11-28-11)
Previous: 555 EQ/ 552 EX/ 573 TU (lender pulls 10-28-11)
GOAL: NEW HOUSE ...GOT IT ON 01/27/12
2012 GOAL: 750
Message 2 of 4
boomhower
Valued Contributor

It's 45 days for most of the FICO formulas.  It is possible they are only going to pull two.  The vast majortity will pull all three but it's not unheard of for less. 

Message 3 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@wallacecody25 wrote:

So, I'm in the process of purchasing my first home, and I have a question about hard inq. So, Dec 12th I applied for a mortgage. LO pulls my credit, and says my EQ is too low, and I need to bring it up. I check my FICO EQ, and sure enough the collection I PFD a few months back is still there. I dispute the account, and they remove it very quickly with my score shooting up around 35 points. So, I talk with my LO again, and let her know my score is good to go now. She pulls credit reports again, and everything looks great on Jan 3rd. She pulls my credit again on Jan 11th to make sure everything is still looking good i guess. My question is, I see 3 hard pulls on experian(freecreditreport.com) and 3 hard pulls on TU(fico), but 0 inquiries on EQ(fico). How does this happen? I do have 2 other hard inquiries on Equifax from CC apps, but thats it. Also, from what I understand, if the inquiry is coded as a mortgage inquiry does it have a 14 day or 45 day window for all hard inquiries to count as one? Ive heard conflicting information regarding this. Thanks in advance!!

The 45 day window applies to the Equifax 5.0 version sold on myFICO and all of the FICO 8 models.  It also applies to TU04.  But the TU98 version has the 14 day window.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.