Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lenders Who does not base their decisions on your "Credit Score"

tag
Jessierjohns
Established Member

Lenders Who does not base their decisions on your "Credit Score"

Hi Everyone I am new to the community and have gained a ton of information on the existing threads, so I thank you guys for that! So I am working with a lender who is not "credit score based," and I go in tomorrow to complete my mortgage application. Can anyone clarify what exactly are their guidelines and the things that they look for if they are "not credit score" driven. Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Jessierjohns
Established Member

Re: Lenders Who does not base their decisions on your "Credit Score"

Does anyone know about it??

Message 2 of 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Each private lender or portfolio lender has different criteria. If you go to a private lender that doesn't look at credit scores then some of them only look at the amount you are borrowing. They limit the loan value to 60% or less and the amount of the documentation is minimal, but the interest rate is higher, the loan term is much shorter and the fees to borrow are higher. With these type of collateral loans what is important to the lender is the property. If you are getting your loan from a portfolio lender (like Trustco), then they want to see good credit but will allow you to have exceptions for things that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac require. Then there are other portfolio lenders that fall somewhere in between these two extremes. Let us know what kind of lender you are going to that doesn't look at credit scores.

Message 3 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

is this a local bank?

they can do whatever they want if they arent trying to sell the loan in the open market

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 5
Jessierjohns
Established Member

No it isn't a local bank it is called "Neighborhood Lending Services," http://www.nhschicago.org/site/3C/category/buy_a_home . They are nonprofit neighborhood revitalization organization. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.