Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lendingtree freaking out help!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lendingtree freaking out help!!

I decided to go to lendingtree.com and inquire about a mortgage, just putting my feelers out. Entered my husband's name, address, DOB, and then when it came to the SS card # I stopped and clicked off of the screen. We have been working real hard to pull his credit score up, so Just to put my mind at ease, they cannot pull credit without a SS card # correct? We already got 1 phone call and an email from 1 bank wanting to ask me questions, but I did not answer. Help!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: Lendingtree freaking out help!!

@Anonymous wrote:

I decided to go to lendingtree.com and inquire about a mortgage, just putting my feelers out. Entered my husband's name, address, DOB, and then when it came to the SS card # I stopped and clicked off of the screen. We have been working real hard to pull his credit score up, so Just to put my mind at ease, they cannot pull credit without a SS card # correct? We already got 1 phone call and an email from 1 bank wanting to ask me questions, but I did not answer. Help!!

Correct

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 5
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When I worked for an insurnace company many years ago - we were able to pull credit reports w/out social security numbers.  we only required a name and address.

Message 3 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

might be a violation to pull credit without authorization.....  you likely didnt get that far

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 5
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

might be a violation to pull credit without authorization.....  you likely didnt get that far

It was authorized.  

During the quote process, the customer was asked if it was ok to obtain their credit for a more accurate quote.  We never collected a social security number.  A customer had the option to opt out - however, a surcharge was generally added to the quote/policy.  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.