Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let get this home building on the way

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Let get this home building on the way

Same here in Texas.  I've been lucky.  They graded the lot on Feb 9, and today this is where we are.  Not bad.  Trying to close by end of May.  Be patient. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sat down with in house lender today. They will put file through underwriting in the next few days. They pretty much had everything they needed from me, but I had to write a LoE for my bankruptcy (thanks for the letter format in favorites!) Now the painful wait begins. Still trying to negotiate for builder to pay more than 3k in closing costs. I will let you guys now how it goes.
Message 12 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I should be lucky that our builder is giving us $15K in closing costs. We also got credits towards upgrades and half off the price of the hardwood floors.

From our Loan Estimate, the total closing costs are like $24K!! We are getting a 2,400 square foot, 4 level town home.
Message 13 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh, got email back from my SR. Turns out they recently reduced the price of the model I am building as a way to drive interest into the neighborhood. The catch was that when they made the decision to lower the sale price, they also made the decision to not offer an incentive on this lower priced home. Our SR forgot this, and included it. He fully acknowledged it as his mistake, but says his VP has to decide to sign off on deal with it, but also guaruntees there will be no further incentive. Now I will climb the corporate chain as far as needed before I let them take away that incentive, I am not building a base model house, I have added 50k in options, the very least I can accept is that 3k in assistance. Hate how stressful this is
Message 14 of 277
dragonfly66
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Ugh, got email back from my SR. Turns out they recently reduced the price of the model I am building as a way to drive interest into the neighborhood. The catch was that when they made the decision to lower the sale price, they also made the decision to not offer an incentive on this lower priced home. Our SR forgot this, and included it. He fully acknowledged it as his mistake, but says his VP has to decide to sign off on deal with it, but also guaruntees there will be no further incentive. Now I will climb the corporate chain as far as needed before I let them take away that incentive, I am not building a base model house, I have added 50k in options, the very least I can accept is that 3k in assistance. Hate how stressful this is

Geez!  That's a big mistake.  Just in the interest of good customer service, they need to honor the $3K in assistance that was promised.  I don't see how they would justify not giving it to you.  The reality is, that's not a lot of money for them.

Current - FICO 3/2019: EX(753); EQ(763); TU(749)
Beginning - FICO 7/2014: EX(630); EQ(608); TU(581)
Credit: Wells Fargo Home Projects Charge Card ($7,800); Wells Fargo Home Rebate Visa ($4,000); Capital One Quicksilver ($10,000); Capital One Venture ($6,000); Discover it ($7,900); Macy's ($20,000); BrandsMart ($4,000); Banana Republic ($1,200); Lowes ($12,000); Amex Everyday ($30,000); Macy's Amex ($15,000); Amex Platinum (NPSL); Citi Diamond Preferred ($9,000); Chase Freedom ($9,000); Wells Fargo Outdoor Solutions ($10,000); SunTrust HELOC ($25,000)
Message 15 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

That does sound like a big mistake. It sounds like they should honor the $3K, especially since you already have a signed contract between both parties. I'm sure $3K is pennies for them. 

Message 16 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well got the VP to agree to keeping the 3k incentive. All documents have moved to loan proccesser expected to hit underwriting in a few days. Hopefully approval can go smoothly so my stress can come down a notch or two.
Message 17 of 277
dragonfly66
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Well got the VP to agree to keeping the 3k incentive. All documents have moved to loan proccesser expected to hit underwriting in a few days. Hopefully approval can go smoothly so my stress can come down a notch or two.

Excellent!  I'm glad that worked out for you.

Current - FICO 3/2019: EX(753); EQ(763); TU(749)
Beginning - FICO 7/2014: EX(630); EQ(608); TU(581)
Credit: Wells Fargo Home Projects Charge Card ($7,800); Wells Fargo Home Rebate Visa ($4,000); Capital One Quicksilver ($10,000); Capital One Venture ($6,000); Discover it ($7,900); Macy's ($20,000); BrandsMart ($4,000); Banana Republic ($1,200); Lowes ($12,000); Amex Everyday ($30,000); Macy's Amex ($15,000); Amex Platinum (NPSL); Citi Diamond Preferred ($9,000); Chase Freedom ($9,000); Wells Fargo Outdoor Solutions ($10,000); SunTrust HELOC ($25,000)
Message 18 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great!

Message 19 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well we finalized our options and colors today. We decided to pay cash to add hardwood to entire main level (5k seemed like a decent deal IMO) we didn't want to worry about appraisal issues so we decided to pay this chunk our selves. Now nothing left to do but wait for permits to come in and for approval from LO.
Message 20 of 277
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.