Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let get this home building on the way

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Let get this home building on the way

We are coming in at 2,394 square feet. I wanted a home with at least 2,000 square feet considering we need space for the kids, so this one was perfect. 

Message 61 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ours will be just over 2000sqft. My first house was almost 2400sqft but we didn't use alot of the space. This house is smaller but will have alot of nice touches we didn't have before (hello hardwood floors!). Hopefully this rain lets up so we can start on schedule next week
Message 62 of 277
ucdcrew
Contributor

Mine's framing now - Its only 1800 sq ft. but I think that will be plenty room for just me and my cat.  I did go with 3/2.5 for resale value though.

Image may contain: indoor

Message 63 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

We came in at 2808 Sq ft. They're scheduled to begin construction any day now. Our home is a 5/3.5...big family lol.
Message 64 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Once building is underway, the construction loan is paid in agreed stages. Your contract with the builder may set out how much is paid at each stage, and the building will need to be inspected and certified at each stage to say the work has been done (and therefore has a certain value at that stage). If you’re borrowing quite a lot of money you may even need to get interim valuations done by a registered valuer.

Message 65 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

That would be true if I was doing a construction to perm loan, but I am buying a new construction house from the builder, not building it my self (hiring someone to build my own plans).
Message 66 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ucdcrew wrote:

Mine's framing now - Its only 1800 sq ft. but I think that will be plenty room for just me and my cat.  I did go with 3/2.5 for resale value though.

Image may contain: indoor

I almost went with closer to 1800 then came back off the ledge as I didnt need that extra space (media room basically is what I gave up).  Just me and my cat too!!!  Mine is 3/2

Message 67 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

Once building is underway, the construction loan is paid in agreed stages. Your contract with the builder may set out how much is paid at each stage, and the building will need to be inspected and certified at each stage to say the work has been done (and therefore has a certain value at that stage). If you’re borrowing quite a lot of money you may even need to get interim valuations done by a registered valuer.

Not my situation either.  Were you responding to someone in particular?

Message 68 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Went house today because builder was hosting a get together. We got to meet our neighbors, who all seem to be great, but we were also met with surprise of a nice fresh hole on our lot! Hopefully they can get more work done next week but weather is supposed to be the greatest unfortunately.

FB_IMG_1493500461099.jpg

Message 69 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exciting!! As soon as we have something in the ground, I will update with a pic. 

Another congrats to Junie! I saw in another post that you are closing in 2 weeks...pack those bags! Smiley Wink

Message 70 of 277
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.