Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let get this home building on the way

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Let get this home building on the way

Stopped by today and changed our floor plan yet again. We are also now considering changing our elevation as well. If we change the elevation, there is a $1,000 credit that will come out of it. 

We were told that we would have the preconstruction meeting when framing is up. Forgot to ask, but I'm assuming it's the framing for the foundation and not the actual house. 

They've started the foundation on the homes next to ours, and we are next!

Message 71 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

My pre-construction meeting was before they framed the foundation.  So excited for you!

@Anonymous wrote:

Stopped by today and changed our floor plan yet again. We are also now considering changing our elevation as well. If we change the elevation, there is a $1,000 credit that will come out of it. 

We were told that we would have the preconstruction meeting when framing is up. Forgot to ask, but I'm assuming it's the framing for the foundation and not the actual house. 

They've started the foundation on the homes next to ours, and we are next!

Message 72 of 277
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

Shouldn't the pre-construction meeting be before anything gets started, including the frame?  What if you want a new floor plan, set house back, patio extension, etc.?

Message 73 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gladius wrote:

Shouldn't the pre-construction meeting be before anything gets started, including the frame?  What if you want a new floor plan, set house back, patio extension, etc.?

For me all of that was done the day I signed the contract.  Then the day of my pre-construction meeting my PM went over the plans etc., noting that what he had is what I had selected.  They have to pull permits beforehand so its all got to be done.  If you change your mind, then its back to the drawing board.  And yes, my pre-construction meeting was the day before they started to frame the foundation.

Message 74 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gladius wrote:

I don't have the option of setting the house back or doing a patio extension. I'm getting townhome and we are in an HOA, so there are rules about that. 

Message 75 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Little annoyed with our builder. He sends an email saying that the foundation will get poured this week, I ask about the potential for weather this week and he says they should get it done before it comes. The last few days have beautiful out, but no work has been completed. Call the PM to check on the plan and says will be pushed off to next as they planned for Friday and it will be raining Friday. What doesn't make sense is that Friday​ is the one day that has been 100% chance of rain since last week. Why even bother saying it will be done this week when you have already scheduled your self into a delay. Bright side is once they get to framing those guys can fly. Watched 4 houses go from foundation to fully framed in the last 3 days. Okay, done venting. Back to waiting and rate watching lol
Message 76 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dvasil, I'm right there with you. I track the status of our permit online, and it's STILL on hold. Went to the site last week, and nothing. Two weeks ago, they said the first week of May is when they will start. Now, they are saying this month. At this point, I've resigned myself to the idea that the home will not be ready until September. Which is fine with me because it gives us more time to save and more time for me to work on my credit. 

Message 77 of 277
dragonfly66
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Dvasil, I'm right there with you. I track the status of our permit online, and it's STILL on hold. Went to the site last week, and nothing. Two weeks ago, they said the first week of May is when they will start. Now, they are saying this month. At this point, I've resigned myself to the idea that the home will not be ready until September. Which is fine with me because it gives us more time to save and more time for me to work on my credit. 

If it's any consolation rookie08, I am dealing with exactly the same thing.  My tentative closing is July 24th.  There is no way that's going to happen now since they haven't even graded my lot (at least they hadn't before I left for vacation).  Hopefully when I get back home on Wednesday, they will have done at least that much.  I suspect my house won't be done until late August/early September at this point.  I'm not sure I would trust the build quality if they still managed to get it done by late July.  I want my house built, but not too fast!  LOL!  My whole concern is that the lease on my current house is up the first week in August.  I had hoped to be able to close on time so that I could just end the lease and not have to go month-to-month.  Oh well, I guess it will all be worth it in the end.

Just to share stats like others on this thread, it's going to be a 5 bedroom/3 bath floorplan coming in at 2,476 sq. ft., so I'll have a nice amount of space.  It's going to have an in-law suite downstairs.

Current - FICO 3/2019: EX(753); EQ(763); TU(749)
Beginning - FICO 7/2014: EX(630); EQ(608); TU(581)
Credit: Wells Fargo Home Projects Charge Card ($7,800); Wells Fargo Home Rebate Visa ($4,000); Capital One Quicksilver ($10,000); Capital One Venture ($6,000); Discover it ($7,900); Macy's ($20,000); BrandsMart ($4,000); Banana Republic ($1,200); Lowes ($12,000); Amex Everyday ($30,000); Macy's Amex ($15,000); Amex Platinum (NPSL); Citi Diamond Preferred ($9,000); Chase Freedom ($9,000); Wells Fargo Outdoor Solutions ($10,000); SunTrust HELOC ($25,000)
Message 78 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dragonfly66 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If it's any consolation rookie08, I am dealing with exactly the same thing.  My tentative closing is July 24th.  There is no way that's going to happen now since they haven't even graded my lot (at least they hadn't before I left for vacation).  Hopefully when I get back home on Wednesday, they will have done at least that much.  I suspect my house won't be done until late August/early September at this point.  I'm not sure I would trust the build quality if they still managed to get it done by late July.  I want my house built, but not too fast!  LOL!  My whole concern is that the lease on my current house is up the first week in August.  I had hoped to be able to close on time so that I could just end the lease and not have to go month-to-month.  Oh well, I guess it will all be worth it in the end.

Just to share stats like others on this thread, it's going to be a 5 bedroom/3 bath floorplan coming in at 2,476 sq. ft., so I'll have a nice amount of space.  It's going to have an in-law suite downstairs.

Oh wow. They haven't graded our lot yet either. I also want them to hurry but of course the quality is more important. Thankfully, we are currently doing a private rental which automatically turned into a month to month lease when our yearly contract expired in December 2016. We do want to give our landlord enough notice though so as soon the home has foundation that's when we plan to give them a heads up that we are leaving. 

Your home stats sound like my dream home! 

Message 79 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just scheduled our pre-construction meeting. We're set for May 18th. 

Also asked about our permits, and the guy that pulls the permits has not given anyone an update on the status. I'll take the victory in having the pre-construction meeting scheduled. 

For those of you who've been through it already, how long is the meeting? What will be discussing? Want to make sure I have my questions ready lol. 

Message 80 of 277
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.