Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let get this home building on the way

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Let get this home building on the way

Last Thursday they laid the foundation. We have two floor plugs... one each in the family room and study/office. Welllllll they cemented my study/office floor plug arghhhhhhhh. We let the construction mgr know... so he contacted the foundation contractor. They'll be by the lot, wed/thurs to chip away at the concrete to retrieve the floor plug (conduit). Then they'll re-lay the cement around the plug and re-level it (thank God). Today we went by the property and they started framing. They'll be framing all week this week *excited. Although we go daily... im looking forward to Friday to see that the floor plug has been recovered.
Message 241 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Talked with our Project Manager today. We are on schedule to start framing on Monday! He said now that things are moving he's able to give me an accurate timeline on things. Most importantly, he said we should be looking to settle on the house within the last two weeks of October! 

They said framing and roofing should take about seven days, so I will update with a picture when she's up!

Message 242 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like we're on somewhat of the same timeline of when our homes will be done (Oct 23rd for us). On our end... the house is up (framed) and windows will be delivered Monday. At that time, they'll continue with everything. I'll share pics soon --- just been super busy with our businesses *pulls hair out!

Glad to hear all is going smooth on your end @rookie08!!
Message 243 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are the stats of your home? Single-family, townhome? Bedrooms/Baths? Square footage?

Ours is a 4 story townhome, 4bedroom 2full/2 half bath house, 2394 square feet. 

Message 244 of 277
Spider07
Regular Contributor

I wish my builder was as open as yours seems to be.  My builder won't give me any hint of a closing date until they are 100% sure they will close in 30 days.  I have pleaded with them so I can use a 60 day lock while rates are ranging low but they won't budge.  They keep saying anytime from Sept to Nov.  The dang house is 80% complete, no way it will take another 90 days.. but I am scared to lock and have to re lock or pay to extend the lock if they should take their time and drag this out another 70 days or so.  

Message 245 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rookie08 -- Single Family 1-Story home at 4,000 sq ft. 4 bedroom 4 1/2 bath. We're building here in TX on the outskirts of the city. We're building on 1.5 acres of land. Smiley Happy
Message 246 of 277
Spider07
Regular Contributor

Getting closer. Have the kitchen backsplash in, ac is in and running and they sodded the yard today.  We are very happy with the way it is coming together.kitchen3.jpg

Message 247 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking great @Spider07!!!!
Message 248 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

That Subway tile looks great
Message 249 of 277
dragonfly66
Frequent Contributor

Hey Spider07.  The subway tile looks really nice.  You are getting sooo close!

Current - FICO 3/2019: EX(753); EQ(763); TU(749)
Beginning - FICO 7/2014: EX(630); EQ(608); TU(581)
Credit: Wells Fargo Home Projects Charge Card ($7,800); Wells Fargo Home Rebate Visa ($4,000); Capital One Quicksilver ($10,000); Capital One Venture ($6,000); Discover it ($7,900); Macy's ($20,000); BrandsMart ($4,000); Banana Republic ($1,200); Lowes ($12,000); Amex Everyday ($30,000); Macy's Amex ($15,000); Amex Platinum (NPSL); Citi Diamond Preferred ($9,000); Chase Freedom ($9,000); Wells Fargo Outdoor Solutions ($10,000); SunTrust HELOC ($25,000)
Message 250 of 277
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.