Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Regular Contributor

Re: Let get this home building on the way

Wow that's crazy, did he say what was hanging up the permit approval? Missing the proposed deadline by 2 months is rediculous, you can be sure i would be expecting compensation in some form for a delay like that
Frequent Contributor

Dvasil wrote:
Wow that's crazy, did he say what was hanging up the permit approval? Missing the proposed deadline by 2 months is rediculous, you can be sure i would be expecting compensation in some form for a delay like that

No, they did not say. We are contacting our realtor today to give her an update and see where we go from here. There's a clause in our contract that states the following:

"The home shall completed within two years from the Date of Ratification of this Contract, subject to only delays caused by matters which are legally recognized as defenses to contract actions pursuant to the laws of the State of XX". If any delays caused by matters which are legally recognized as defenses to contract actions pursuant to the laws of the State of XX occur, Seller has the right to extend the time of completion." 

We were aware of this before we signed the contract, as the builder's agent pointed that out to us. My husband is frustrated, and I think he is leaning towards backing out of this, but I don't want to go to that extreme yet. Thankfully, we are not in a situation where there's a rush for us to move. We are in a private month-to-month rental, and we have not made our landlord aware that we plan to move yet. Having the house delayed actually gives me more time to work on my credit, and more time for us to save money so maybe it's a blessing in disguise, I don't know. 

I go agree that there should be some type of compensation for this. Or, throw in the washer and dryer at least LOL. We'll talk to the realtor and see what happens. 

FICO8 Scores - 608TU / 616EQ / 600EX
On Mortgage Journey
Starting Mortgage Scores (Feb 17) 523EQ / 547TU / 564EX
Mortgage Scores (May 17) 595EQ / 625TU / 616 EX
June 17 602EQ / 626TU / 633 EX
Frequent Contributor

No update from realtor yet. I do know how to search the permit status online, and when I checked this morning, it's now saying the permits are in a "Pending" status with expected completion date of June 1st. In the notes section, it says "revised plans sent on 5/18/17, expected completion is 6/1/17". 

After a long discussion with the husband, we've decided we will not back out of this. We've already told the kids, and everyone has fallen in love with this house. This also gives us more time to save money. And since I'm working on my credit and increasing my mortgage scores, it's a blessing in disguise for me. I have two collections that I'm requesting early exclusion on next week that are only on my Experian report. The other two, I will be able to request early exclusion on in August. So being able to have 4 collections removed will be huge for me! 

On Mortgage Journey
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

We've heard from our realtor and talked with the builder's agent on Saturday to get an update as to what's going on. Our realtor spoke with the construction manager who told her that the current finish time is beginning to mid-September.

My husband and I spoke with the builder's agent and told him that the permits are currently in a pending status with expected completion of June 1st. His reply was the home could still be ready by end of August. 

Either way, we've come to the conclusion that we will just wait for the permits to get approved and see what happens from there. Because of our frustrations, they did throw in the washer and dryer for us, which is a $2,500 package. It's the front loading with the drawers at the bottom. So that's one less expense we will have to worry about. 

On another good note, we talked with the lender on Saturday about switching from FHA to Conventional when the next credit pull is done this summer. We were told that my mid-score just needs to get to 620 and we can. The lender did the calculation and moving to conventional will save us $120/month in payments, and the PMI will go away without having to refinance. I'm only 4 points away on that, so I'm sure I will make it there with no problem. The lender also mentioned that we will need 2 months of reserves for conventional, but we can use our 401K accounts for that.  

On Mortgage Journey
Frequent Contributor

rookie08 wrote:

We've heard from our realtor and talked with the builder's agent on Saturday to get an update as to what's going on. Our realtor spoke with the construction manager who told her that the current finish time is beginning to mid-September.

My husband and I spoke with the builder's agent and told him that the permits are currently in a pending status with expected completion of June 1st. His reply was the home could still be ready by end of August. 

Either way, we've come to the conclusion that we will just wait for the permits to get approved and see what happens from there. Because of our frustrations, they did throw in the washer and dryer for us, which is a $2,500 package. It's the front loading with the drawers at the bottom. So that's one less expense we will have to worry about. 

On another good note, we talked with the lender on Saturday about switching from FHA to Conventional when the next credit pull is done this summer. We were told that my mid-score just needs to get to 620 and we can. The lender did the calculation and moving to conventional will save us $120/month in payments, and the PMI will go away without having to refinance. I'm only 4 points away on that, so I'm sure I will make it there with no problem. The lender also mentioned that we will need 2 months of reserves for conventional, but we can use our 401K accounts for that.  

Just dont make the same mistake i did the first time i used my new fancy front loading machine i had the builder throw in...lol.   I set it to wash and me and sister left to go to home depot.  when we got back i figured they were done but it was still GOING!  i didnt take it off presoak and it was set for EIGHT HOURS!!  hahahaha.  I had to turn it off, then start the cycle over so the water would drain.  id say my workout clothes were clean for sure.

In second year post 13 DC (12-28-15)
Entered garden 05-19-2017 CLOSED ON MY NEW HOUSE 5/17/17!!!!

Current Scores FICO 8: 690/707/711 FICO 5/4/2: TU738 EQ732 EX697 Updated: May 17, 2017
Goal: 750's across the board
Frequent Contributor

LOL Junie! I'm sure the clothes were spotless!

On Mortgage Journey
Contributor

Can someone tell me how to post a pic via the mobile version of the website?
Regular Contributor

You cant bramma, have to switch to desktop view to get upload option
Regular Contributor

Lots of progress this week. We had a ton of rain, but they still managed to get garage and basement floors completed. Now today was a good day. I stopped by this morning and am met with a swarm of workers moving lumber and making measurements. Because of this i made the promise to circle back at the end of the day. Boy was i surprised when I rolled up and saw a finished first floor! Cant wait to see second floor.

Starting point

IMG_20170526_220741_01.jpg

FB_IMG_1495854595929.jpg

Now when i came back...

FB_IMG_1495853730835.jpg

FB_IMG_1495853757933.jpg

Frequent Contributor

Our permits were approved on Friday! Finally!

I will contact the construction manager this week and see what's the next steps now. 

On Mortgage Journey

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.