Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 447
Registered: ‎03-13-2017

Re: Let get this home building on the way

Stopped by today and changed our floor plan yet again. We are also now considering changing our elevation as well. If we change the elevation, there is a $1,000 credit that will come out of it. 

 

We were told that we would have the preconstruction meeting when framing is up. Forgot to ask, but I'm assuming it's the framing for the foundation and not the actual house. 

 

They've started the foundation on the homes next to ours, and we are next!

FICO8 Scores - 625TU / 640EQ / 649EX
On Mortgage Journey
Starting Mortgage Scores (Feb 17) 523EQ / 547TU / 564EX
Mortgage Scores Aug 17 624EQ / 649TU / 650 EX
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 481
Registered: ‎09-30-2016
0 Kudos

Re: Let get this home building on the way

My pre-construction meeting was before they framed the foundation.  So excited for you!


rookie08 wrote:

Stopped by today and changed our floor plan yet again. We are also now considering changing our elevation as well. If we change the elevation, there is a $1,000 credit that will come out of it. 

 

We were told that we would have the preconstruction meeting when framing is up. Forgot to ask, but I'm assuming it's the framing for the foundation and not the actual house. 

 

They've started the foundation on the homes next to ours, and we are next!


 


In second year post 13 DC (12-28-15)
Entered garden 05-19-2017 CLOSED ON MY NEW HOUSE 5/17/17!!!!

Current Scores FICO 8: 693/677/687 Updated: August 2, 2017
Goal: 730's across the board
Contributor
Posts: 84
Registered: ‎08-05-2013
0 Kudos

Re: Let get this home building on the way

Shouldn't the pre-construction meeting be before anything gets started, including the frame?  What if you want a new floor plan, set house back, patio extension, etc.?

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 481
Registered: ‎09-30-2016

Re: Let get this home building on the way


Gladius wrote:

Shouldn't the pre-construction meeting be before anything gets started, including the frame?  What if you want a new floor plan, set house back, patio extension, etc.?


For me all of that was done the day I signed the contract.  Then the day of my pre-construction meeting my PM went over the plans etc., noting that what he had is what I had selected.  They have to pull permits beforehand so its all got to be done.  If you change your mind, then its back to the drawing board.  And yes, my pre-construction meeting was the day before they started to frame the foundation.


In second year post 13 DC (12-28-15)
Entered garden 05-19-2017 CLOSED ON MY NEW HOUSE 5/17/17!!!!

Current Scores FICO 8: 693/677/687 Updated: August 2, 2017
Goal: 730's across the board
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 447
Registered: ‎03-13-2017
0 Kudos

Re: Let get this home building on the way


Gladius wrote:

Shouldn't the pre-construction meeting be before anything gets started, including the frame?  What if you want a new floor plan, set house back, patio extension, etc.?


I don't have the option of setting the house back or doing a patio extension. I'm getting townhome and we are in an HOA, so there are rules about that. 

FICO8 Scores - 625TU / 640EQ / 649EX
On Mortgage Journey
Starting Mortgage Scores (Feb 17) 523EQ / 547TU / 564EX
Mortgage Scores Aug 17 624EQ / 649TU / 650 EX
Regular Contributor
Posts: 213
Registered: ‎02-24-2017
0 Kudos

Re: Let get this home building on the way

Little annoyed with our builder. He sends an email saying that the foundation will get poured this week, I ask about the potential for weather this week and he says they should get it done before it comes. The last few days have beautiful out, but no work has been completed. Call the PM to check on the plan and says will be pushed off to next as they planned for Friday and it will be raining Friday. What doesn't make sense is that Friday​ is the one day that has been 100% chance of rain since last week. Why even bother saying it will be done this week when you have already scheduled your self into a delay. Bright side is once they get to framing those guys can fly. Watched 4 houses go from foundation to fully framed in the last 3 days. Okay, done venting. Back to waiting and rate watching lol
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 447
Registered: ‎03-13-2017
0 Kudos

Re: Let get this home building on the way

Dvasil, I'm right there with you. I track the status of our permit online, and it's STILL on hold. Went to the site last week, and nothing. Two weeks ago, they said the first week of May is when they will start. Now, they are saying this month. At this point, I've resigned myself to the idea that the home will not be ready until September. Which is fine with me because it gives us more time to save and more time for me to work on my credit. 

FICO8 Scores - 625TU / 640EQ / 649EX
On Mortgage Journey
Starting Mortgage Scores (Feb 17) 523EQ / 547TU / 564EX
Mortgage Scores Aug 17 624EQ / 649TU / 650 EX
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 279
Registered: ‎07-20-2014
0 Kudos

Re: Let get this home building on the way


rookie08 wrote:

Dvasil, I'm right there with you. I track the status of our permit online, and it's STILL on hold. Went to the site last week, and nothing. Two weeks ago, they said the first week of May is when they will start. Now, they are saying this month. At this point, I've resigned myself to the idea that the home will not be ready until September. Which is fine with me because it gives us more time to save and more time for me to work on my credit. 


If it's any consolation rookie08, I am dealing with exactly the same thing.  My tentative closing is July 24th.  There is no way that's going to happen now since they haven't even graded my lot (at least they hadn't before I left for vacation).  Hopefully when I get back home on Wednesday, they will have done at least that much.  I suspect my house won't be done until late August/early September at this point.  I'm not sure I would trust the build quality if they still managed to get it done by late July.  I want my house built, but not too fast!  LOL!  My whole concern is that the lease on my current house is up the first week in August.  I had hoped to be able to close on time so that I could just end the lease and not have to go month-to-month.  Oh well, I guess it will all be worth it in the end.

 

Just to share stats like others on this thread, it's going to be a 5 bedroom/3 bath floorplan coming in at 2,476 sq. ft., so I'll have a nice amount of space.  It's going to have an in-law suite downstairs.

Current - FICO 8/2017: EX(764); EQ(742); TU(710)
Beginning - FICO 7/2014: EX(630); EQ(608); TU(581)
Current Mortgage FICO - EX(739); EQ(730); TU(707)
Credit: Wells Fargo Home Projects Charge Card ($7,800); Wells Fargo Home Rebate Visa ($4,000); Capital One Quicksilver ($6,000); Capital One Venture ($5,500); Discover it ($3,600); Macy's ($20,000); BrandsMart ($4,000); Banana Republic ($1,200); Lowes ($12,000); Amex Everyday ($27,000); Macy's Amex ($14,000)
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 447
Registered: ‎03-13-2017

Re: Let get this home building on the way


dragonfly66 wrote:

rookie08 wrote:

Dvasil, I'm right there with you. I track the status of our permit online, and it's STILL on hold. Went to the site last week, and nothing. Two weeks ago, they said the first week of May is when they will start. Now, they are saying this month. At this point, I've resigned myself to the idea that the home will not be ready until September. Which is fine with me because it gives us more time to save and more time for me to work on my credit. 


If it's any consolation rookie08, I am dealing with exactly the same thing.  My tentative closing is July 24th.  There is no way that's going to happen now since they haven't even graded my lot (at least they hadn't before I left for vacation).  Hopefully when I get back home on Wednesday, they will have done at least that much.  I suspect my house won't be done until late August/early September at this point.  I'm not sure I would trust the build quality if they still managed to get it done by late July.  I want my house built, but not too fast!  LOL!  My whole concern is that the lease on my current house is up the first week in August.  I had hoped to be able to close on time so that I could just end the lease and not have to go month-to-month.  Oh well, I guess it will all be worth it in the end.

 

Just to share stats like others on this thread, it's going to be a 5 bedroom/3 bath floorplan coming in at 2,476 sq. ft., so I'll have a nice amount of space.  It's going to have an in-law suite downstairs.


Oh wow. They haven't graded our lot yet either. I also want them to hurry but of course the quality is more important. Thankfully, we are currently doing a private rental which automatically turned into a month to month lease when our yearly contract expired in December 2016. We do want to give our landlord enough notice though so as soon the home has foundation that's when we plan to give them a heads up that we are leaving. 

 

Your home stats sound like my dream home! 

FICO8 Scores - 625TU / 640EQ / 649EX
On Mortgage Journey
Starting Mortgage Scores (Feb 17) 523EQ / 547TU / 564EX
Mortgage Scores Aug 17 624EQ / 649TU / 650 EX
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 447
Registered: ‎03-13-2017

Re: Let get this home building on the way

Just scheduled our pre-construction meeting. We're set for May 18th. 

 

Also asked about our permits, and the guy that pulls the permits has not given anyone an update on the status. I'll take the victory in having the pre-construction meeting scheduled. 

 

For those of you who've been through it already, how long is the meeting? What will be discussing? Want to make sure I have my questions ready lol. 

FICO8 Scores - 625TU / 640EQ / 649EX
On Mortgage Journey
Starting Mortgage Scores (Feb 17) 523EQ / 547TU / 564EX
Mortgage Scores Aug 17 624EQ / 649TU / 650 EX

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.