Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let the fun begin!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Let the fun begin!

Revelate - it will be the FBI or CIA that will be at your backdoor. Lots of luck Smiley Wink
Message 21 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lemmus wrote:

...escrow on a backup? ...good god gerty! ...did you sign an offer letter? 

...patience, patience, patience ...and persistence ...you know the game ...the instant you stop looking, whoosh, there went the home of your dreams ...some one else at the dining table, eh

...its taxing, I know ...but anything worthwhile usually is ...ask a lottery winner how many tickets they bought before they won ...so keep looking, even in a sellers market theres going to be a home for you if you stay in the game.

Thanks, Lemmus.  You're right. I signed the offer for back up, gave check for earnest money. But sellers' idiot atty finally told us that their client doesn't want to have back up offer and wants to focus on closing the current offer. I've not come across this many bad realtors in a while. Really the lack of communicating is a big issue.  

Right now only one home in my area, and it's a short sale in horrible condition. Every home with a sign up has an active offer at the moment. 

I think for someone like me that likes to negotiate a strong deal, it's hard to be on this side....a strong sellers market. 

I remeber when when I was on that end! 

Message 22 of 37
Lemmus
Established Contributor

...no disrespect to our own crop of realtor pros here ...but a sellers market tends to bring back all the unsuccessful realtors who couldn't make it and fell to the wayside in the past 8 years ...happens in every boom industry ...they start dragging the bowery for warm bodies to answer the phone ...so no surprise you're running into some.

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 23 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:  so I sort of relaxed on looking becuase the inventory is low here and bidding war is pretty much expected with each home going up.  A home came up this morning and as soon as my realtor and I got the alert we called to proceed with offe.  I saw the pictures and the home looks nice enough for me to make the offer.  Home is in same neighborhood as the last one that back up offer was not accepted.  So here I go again....staying optimistic.  All offers are going to be considered by Sunday night.  So at this moment I expect they will entertain several. 

Message 24 of 37
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Update:  so I sort of relaxed on looking becuase the inventory is low here and bidding war is pretty much expected with each home going up.  A home came up this morning and as soon as my realtor and I got the alert we called to proceed with offe.  I saw the pictures and the home looks nice enough for me to make the offer.  Home is in same neighborhood as the last one that back up offer was not accepted.  So here I go again....staying optimistic.  All offers are going to be considered by Sunday night.  So at this moment I expect they will entertain several. 

Nice, and interesting to boot... I don't know how many other offers got made on my own under contract currently, though guess may find out if the sellers refuse to correct their mother's mistake.  

Casually checked today and there's a few new listings on the market, some tradeoffs with each but still better than nothing if this goes south on me.  Prices seem to be dropping now or some things are going on the market for less than I would've expected.  Not going to be broken hearted if this one falls apart.

        
Message 25 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice, and interesting to boot... I don't know how many other offers got made on my own under contract currently, though guess may find out if the sellers refuse to correct their mother's mistake.  

Casually checked today and there's a few new listings on the market, some tradeoffs with each but still better than nothing if this goes south on me.  Prices seem to be dropping now or some things are going on the market for less than I would've expected.  Not going to be broken hearted if this one falls apart.

Hang in there, Revelate!  Wish things would go smoother, but it seems these days so many variables come into play so we are bound to have one issiue if not many.

Went to see the home today. We had an appointment at 4PM and I show up earlier. I noticed right away that there are people with realtor outside.  And another realtor with clients comes out of the home.  That is not all....about 5 more realtors pull up along with their clients! 

The house looks way better in person and in great condition!  Nice curb appeal and it is obvious people take care of their lawns.  A big deal for me. 

My realtor and I know what we are dealing with and what we think will be doable, so we made a bold move and put in an offer for above asking price. 

Let's see if they bite.   If they do not, then house hunting will be officially on hold until late August because I am traveling a bit beginning next weekend and I do not want to be tied up to laptop and phone!

Message 26 of 37
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hang in there, Revelate!  Wish things would go smoother, but it seems these days so many variables come into play so we are bound to have one issiue if not many.

Went to see the home today. We had an appointment at 4PM and I show up earlier. I noticed right away that there are people with realtor outside.  And another realtor with clients comes out of the home.  That is not all....about 5 more realtors pull up along with their clients! 

The house looks way better in person and in great condition!  Nice curb appeal and it is obvious people take care of their lawns.  A big deal for me. 

My realtor and I know what we are dealing with and what we think will be doable, so we made a bold move and put in an offer for above asking price. 

Let's see if they bite.   If they do not, then house hunting will be officially on hold until late August because I am traveling a bit beginning next weekend and I do not want to be tied up to laptop and phone!

Nice!  Hope you are as successful with your offer as I was with mine!  That part worked at any rate hah, will have a better letter next time Smiley Happy.

        
Message 27 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Nice!  Hope you are as successful with your offer as I was with mine!  That part worked at any rate hah, will have a better letter next time Smiley Happy.

Thank you!  I didn't sleep so great last night so I am up really early to head out for a run and decompress.  I have decided my offer is final offer should the seller come back and tell me someone else brought more to the table.  Sure I would love to be in a house soon, but I am not one to make emotional decisions.  It has to make sense financially or it won't be something I am buying. 

Message 28 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats with the house hunt Bananas1

Message 29 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Update: the market is just insane. So much has happened in the last three days.  I've put an offer on three homes. It's a bidding war and it seems like I need a lot of luck to get offer accepted.  Working on my scores, getting everything ready for the apping process, and getting preapproved is a walk in the park compared to sitting on the sideline trying to bid on a home in a huge sellers' market. 

The third home, their realtor wouldn't respond all day.  Finally we emailed the offer and waited.  7 hours later and he finally got back to us and basically said,  "Oh, I'm sorry, just wrote an offer minutes ago, would you like to be back up?!" 

I can relate. The same thing happened to me - crazy market, houses disappearing literally within days (sometimes hours) of listing, bidding wars, etc. Over a period of three months I can't tell you how many times I was prepared to make an offer, only to lose out to someone who beat me to it or made a higher offer. I saw the listing for "my" house pop up early in the morning and we were under contract by the end of that day. That's how fast things are moving here. I was really shocked at how much the market had picked up here. I had no idea until I was in the middle of it. And, like you, the application and pre-approval process was a cake-walk compared to actually finding, and winning, a property.

Hang in there. It's a rollercoaster for sure.

Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.