Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lexus Nexus reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lexus Nexus reporting

I have been working with a mortgage group to get approved.  I got my credit score up, and dispute comments off of my reports.  Today I told my Loan Officer, since I just remembered, that I actually have 2 judgements from 4 years ago against me.

They are no longer reporting on my credit report as of July this year.

My question is, since they went off of my credit report in July (due to new rules), are they still in Lexus Nexus?  Or were they deleted from Lexus Nexus, which is why they were deleted off of my credit report?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Lexus Nexus reporting

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been working with a mortgage group to get approved.  I got my credit score up, and dispute comments off of my reports.  Today I told my Loan Officer, since I just remembered, that I actually have 2 judgements from 4 years ago against me.

They are no longer reporting on my credit report as of July this year.

My question is, since they went off of my credit report in July (due to new rules), are they still in Lexus Nexus?  Or were they deleted from Lexus Nexus, which is why they were deleted off of my credit report?

Doesn't matter if they are deleted off of both your CR and Lexus Nexus....the lender has the title co check your public records were they stay for your lifetime. They don't apply if you have a Satisfaction, but if you don't then it may interfere with your approval as in many states the judgments attach to the property the moment you close. and they come in front of the mortgage. Mortgage lenders don't like that.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No they will still be in Lexis Nexis. This burnt us hard when we first started mortgage shopping. I did read online though that some mortgage lender will not be using Lexis Nexis. Specifically quicken loans ceo started that Fannie and Freddie guidelines from the government don't require them to, so they see no need to do it.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My experience is that Lexis Nexis will catch it before the title search will. When we sold our first home we had an unpaid judgement for $1k that the title search company never caught.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The lender I am going through said they he will search Lexis Nexis and see if it is on there or not.  If it is on there he said that it'll probably have to be settled before I would bde able to get approved.

Just out of curiousity I called a second mortgage company and spoke with a loan officer.  He said that the title company would search around the area and see if I had any public records. 

These judgements are in Indiana and I currently live in Texas.  (Can't put a lien against a homestead in Texas.)

Message 5 of 7
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

I actually have a very small judgement on me from a old bank account. It was for 250 dollars plus the filing fee and I called the deed office in my county and they told me that it wouldn't affect me to buy a home at all. I do plan on paying this but I didn't want it put back on my credit reports. Which is why I'm afraid to pay it off until after I buy my home.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your best bet is to say nothing and see if they catch it. If they do, you'll probably be fine as long as it's paid before closing. Since you wanted to pay anyway, it won't be big deal.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.