Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing agent drama...

tag
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Listing agent drama...

Yeah, I went there.

Somewhere, a few weeks back, I had posted about purchasing a home from Freddie Mac.   

Freddie Mac, as a company, has been great to work with.   The listing agent, however, is another story.

Keeping it short, I am sooo glad I did a net search and found out more about Freddie Mac houses and programs.  I followed up close to the 72 hour timeframe that Freddie Mac says they respond to offers.   Learned that the original offer was not submitted in a timely manner.   The FM agent was a bit testy and defensive until she realized that I was really and truly calling to learn more about the process and that I was not calling to complain.  Once we got past that, she was great with sharing information, although a little guarded.  I honestly didn't know all of the right questions to ask.

FM countered.  I countered.

Fast forward.  I went through the same phone steps as before.   The first rep said call the agent in charge of the listing.  I did that.  OH my goodness.   This lady was awesome to work with this time.  I learned that the listing agent didn't send parts of the offer in the first time.   Had the listing agent done this, the FM agent would have understood the offer better rather than have been offended.  I also learned that my counter offer had not been submitted.   The FM agent thought it was not accepted because there had been no action.

I encourage everyone who is looking to work with FM, it's not that bad.   They have a consumer line that you can follow up on.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.