cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Litton Shows Foreclosure (never happened) on Mortgage Enhanced CR but not EQ, or TU

tag
Lawlover2
Contributor

Litton Shows Foreclosure (never happened) on Mortgage Enhanced CR but not EQ, or TU

I'm SO frustrated, mad and lost!!!!

DH and I just purchased a 2nd home (signed yesterday).  We were originally approved w/ auto underwriting (scores 690 to 705).  One month later, loan officer ran credit report and it got kicked back in auto financing b/c of a "foreclosure" on our current home in 2005.  I pulled EQ and TU and it shows nothing about a foreclosure (we were late but never foreclosed).  So, DH pushed back on the bank after reading Fannie/Freddie regs and said that if they pulled a copy of the deed and there was nothing, that they could do a manual underwrite and push the deal through.  Bank pulled a copy of the deed and - it didn't show anything (b/c it never happened)!  We got the loan, but b/c of this we were forced to put 20% down rather than 5% that we had planned (we had to have a 720 to get PMI w/ the "foreclosure" on our report).  Interestingly, this just appeared the 2nd credit report run in November - have no idea why it changed.  The loan officer provided us a copy of the mortgage enhanced CR and there is nothing in the boxes for Litton - it is in the notes -- says foreclosure.  So, there isn't anything for me to dispute on my EQ or TU b/c it doesn't show a foreclosure . . . but the mortgage enhanced from CBC and Kroll Factual show foreclosure in the comments.  In the box where is shows lates, it shows a "count" of 5 times - but we were only late 3 (they list the dates -only 3) so the loan officer and person at Factual thinks its a coding issue.

I have spent COUNTLESS hours repairing my credit score (400's to 700's-did take 4 years) and I know most all of the tricks, but I am simply at a loss of where to go with this!  We have tried numerous times contacting Litton and we get the answer that they don't show foreclosure - but somehow, the mortgage enhanced score does?

I am begging for someone to help.  I REALLY want this fixed - I don't want this on my report for 2 more years!!!  I would like to get it resolved and refi the home so we can pull our liquid cash back out (if possible).

Someone, please give me a place to start.  I can't dispute with EQ or TU b/c it doesn't show but don't know where else to go?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Litton Shows Foreclosure (never happened) on Mortgage Enhanced CR but not EQ, or TU

How bad were those lates?  30, 60, 90, 120?

Message 2 of 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Litton Shows Foreclosure (never happened) on Mortgage Enhanced CR but not EQ, or TU

If there is a 120 day late then it's considered the same severity as a foreclosure/automated underwriting will underwrite it as a foreclosure.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.