cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan Application Question Re: Judgement. Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loan Application Question Re: Judgement. Help!

In May 2005, a judgement was filed against me for $1380 for parking tickets. In June 2005, I filed bankruptcy, and I included the creditor (city government) in my list of creditors.

Fast forward to November 2008, and my employer receives a wage garnishment notice. I call the creditor, and they stated that since parking tickets are not dischargeable, the wage garnishment is legal. However, they agreed to drop the wage garnishment if I entered a payment plan. In all of this time, the creditor never reported the judgment to a credit bureau.

I looked on the county court records, and the last action on my case was listed in December as "Stipulation to Dismiss." I'm not sure what this means, but I think it means the case is dismissed.

I only have 8 months left on the payments. However, I am supposed to submit my signed loan application on Monday. I already received a preapproval letter for an FHA loan.  I don't know how to answer the question regarding whether or not there are any outstanding judgements. Even if I can comfortably answer the question with a "No," I'm not sure if I should include the debt among my liabilities since there are only 8 months left of payments.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
nathan
Frequent Contributor

Re: Loan Application Question Re: Judgement. Help!

If the judgement is reporting in your credit reports, you should answer yes because they will see it regardless. You may have to explain.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.