cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan Approved, conditions satisfied, waiting on clear to close!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Loan Approved, conditions satisfied, waiting on clear to close!

I could be wrong though. Our loan officer was trying to get us to close in 21 days but too many hiccups with the underwriter forcing us to send in duplicate paperwork and write explanations of silly things. I guess it was a stall because we had everything they asked for within minutes. I'm so happy the process is over but my husband wants to refinance next year so I guess it will start all over.
Message 11 of 20
mwv813
New Visitor

@Anonymous wrote:
I could be wrong though. Our loan officer was trying to get us to close in 21 days but too many hiccups with the underwriter forcing us to send in duplicate paperwork and write explanations of silly things. I guess it was a stall because we had everything they asked for within minutes. I'm so happy the process is over but my husband wants to refinance next year so I guess it will start all over.

congrats to you!  It has been a nightmare over here.

On the bright side, I just got the Clear to CloseSmiley Wink

Starting FICO 8 Score: EQ: 604 TU: 607 EX: 572 03/26/15
Current FICO 8 Score: EQ: 678 TU: 705 EX: 678 05/08/17
Goal FICO 8 Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

So glad you finally got the CTC! I remember reading about your journey in June or July when we STARTED our process. Same issue. Hurdle after hurdle. An now? As of Tuesday it was in final UW a full 5 days. Monday we had another issue. Yesterday the acct manager at the bank called and said it's with upper management. All the conditions have been satisfied but all manually underwritten loans have to be signed off on by upper management. It's moving at a snail's pace. Our file isn't even really that bad. My scores are the problem and tbh, they are mainly driven by 1 thing: 4 student loan lines that came out of forebearance in March and I didn't call soon enough to get them put back in so my scores are suffering from the relatively fresh lates. Other than that, no judgements, no liens, no BK, no prior FC. There are 2 collections showing $0 owed. Mainly just the late pays. We are being punished pretty badly for those.

Congratulations on finally getting through this process! I just can't wait to get there too!

Message 13 of 20
mwv813
New Visitor

@Anonymous wrote:

So glad you finally got the CTC! I remember reading about your journey in June or July when we STARTED our process. Same issue. Hurdle after hurdle. An now? As of Tuesday it was in final UW a full 5 days. Monday we had another issue. Yesterday the acct manager at the bank called and said it's with upper management. All the conditions have been satisfied but all manually underwritten loans have to be signed off on by upper management. It's moving at a snail's pace. Our file isn't even really that bad. My scores are the problem and tbh, they are mainly driven by 1 thing: 4 student loan lines that came out of forebearance in March and I didn't call soon enough to get them put back in so my scores are suffering from the relatively fresh lates. Other than that, no judgements, no liens, no BK, no prior FC. There are 2 collections showing $0 owed. Mainly just the late pays. We are being punished pretty badly for those.

Congratulations on finally getting through this process! I just can't wait to get there too!

Thanks.  The Balloons don't drop until Friday though...  Until then it's still up in the air.  Lol.

Wow, sounds like a very frustrating experience for you.  Sometimes we get to look back and regret what we did in younger years.  At least you know now and have learned for the future.  It will work out though.  The final UW took us from Wednesday until Tuesday afternoon, so it was a grueling wait time too!

Message 14 of 20
mwv813
New Visitor

The Balloons have dropped - we are partying at our HOUSE!!!

Successful closing with nothing popping up unexpectedly last minuteSmiley Wink

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you! Congratulations on your new home!!!
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new house!!!! So happy for you!

Message 17 of 20
btsilver
Established Member

Congrats. We are going through the same thing. Our final condition is getting the HUD-1 of our house sale. Which is taking longer than needed because they were cTC on wednesday. And here we wait.

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats!  we signed the contract back in august and were suposed to close today but now we are delayed till tuesday at the earliest.  now we will have to pay for a whole month of interest at closing! Smiley Sad Just want it to be over.  Our file is with usda just waiting for it to be cleared but they are saying 4 to 10 business days turnaround.   

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG! I just went through a similar situation. My house was a flip house and I used an FHA Loan as well. I finally closed on 10/30 but it was a roller coaster ride! CONGRATS TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.