Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan Experts...Please Help!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loan Experts...Please Help!!!!

I am in the final process of getting approved for an FHA loan through BOFA.  My husband and I have a tax lien that is satisfied in addition to a Judgement that was also satisfied .  However, I looked online at our approval status today and the underwriter has stated the following:

Proof Tax Liens And Judgments In The Past 24 Months Are Not Applicants If They Are Applicants File Is Denied".

I was under the impression that as long as the Outstanding Collection Accounts, Judgments, Garnishments Or Tax Liens Are Paid In Full Prior To Or At Closing we would be fine.

Is there any way around this?? Have you seen this before?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Loan Experts...Please Help!!!!

bump...Can anyone help??
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone help me out??
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It may be due to the weekend that you haven't rec'd a response. I know most of the profressionals post during the week. I'm not familiar enough with your situation to offer any personal advice, but I will look around the net to see what I can come up with. Did you try using the search feature to see if there are any similar threads already here?

I know telling you to wait till Monday is like telling you to wait 10 years until you purchase a new home. I know you're going crazy trying to figure it out, I know I would.

Sorry. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here are some threads:

There are several more threads on this topic...from what I gather some lenders may only require the liens be satisfied (or paying on them) and others may have stricter guidelines. It seems as though your lender may be one of those "stricter" ones.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for the response.  Hopefully, my LO will clarify this for me on Monday.  I am on pins and needles......I dont know what I will do if this loan doesnt happen.
Message 6 of 9
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

that is wierd....
bofa is an awful fha lender..... they have some neat programs, but they suck at fha

Retired Lender
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dallas, is there anyway around this??  Have you seen someone denied because of this issue?
Message 8 of 9
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

only if the borrower couldnt pay off the liens or judgements. i have had borrowers pay them at closing

it doesnt matter when they happened if automated underwriting has approved.

Retired Lender
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.