Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan Officer keeps switching companies

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loan Officer keeps switching companies

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this issue? I have been working with a lender in order to get ready to buy a home. He has been advising me on my credit and all that good stuff. In the last 6 months, he has switched mortgage companies 3 times. In my mind that is a bit of a red flag. Should I be concerned? It is starting to worry me that once we start this process, it could be a disaster if he moves again. Thanks for your input!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Loan Officer keeps switching companies

Switching 3 times in 6 months??? Yes, I would say that is a red flag. Listen to your gut. Find someone else...

Message 2 of 7
ChangiBear
New Contributor

Ditto...I would be uneasy too.

Cleared to Close on 9/9/13!
Closing on 9/17/13

8/31/12 FICO 733 (lender pulled)
1/7/13 Transunion 718, Equifax 710 (MyFico)
2/20/13 Equifax 729
8/13/13 Ex 751, Eq 766, TU 741 (all lender pulls)
Message 3 of 7
indecison
Regular Contributor

Totally agree with the others on this.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone. I just needed a second opinion. He has been super helpful and responsive, but his instability is making me nervous!
Message 5 of 7
imandy
Valued Member

For sure. Either work with a bank or a broker (someone that can underwrite to multiple lenders)

If he's going back and forth through these no name companies, you're not going to get a good deal anyway.

Message 6 of 7
nc
Contributor

Move forward..

Current Score: EQ: 786 (08/23/2012), EX: 802 (08/23/2012), TU: 774 (08/23/2012),

Goal Score: 800+ FICO across the board
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.