Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan Officer not responding???

tag
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: Loan Officer not responding???

@cocomadd wrote:

So, last Friday the LO pulled my credit and said it was good for USDA (over 660's).  He asked that I forward all the paperwork, paystubs, bank statements, etc...which I did on the same day and also sent additional information the next day that I didn't send with the first email. 

Well he has not contacted me since its been a week.  Never acknowledged receiving the initial emails.   Today I sent him a simple email he could respond to in 2 seconds, simply asked to know the status of the application....that was at 10:00am today now it is after 2:30, still no response. 

Is this normal?

Thanks!

I started off with using Quicken Loans but my realtor suggested someone local and wow was that a great decision...My LO's office was a few steps from my work and he lived in the same neighborhood I lived in so if I ever needed anything he was super easy to find.

Message 11 of 19
Sunshine85
Frequent Contributor

@cocomadd wrote:

So, last Friday the LO pulled my credit and said it was good for USDA (over 660's).  He asked that I forward all the paperwork, paystubs, bank statements, etc...which I did on the same day and also sent additional information the next day that I didn't send with the first email. 

Well he has not contacted me since its been a week.  Never acknowledged receiving the initial emails.   Today I sent him a simple email he could respond to in 2 seconds, simply asked to know the status of the application....that was at 10:00am today now it is after 2:30, still no response. 

Is this normal?

Thanks!

Run like hell. 

Good communication during the mortgage process is critical and can save you and your lender from unnecessary frustration. Having worked in the industry for several years, I know that LOs and processors have very heavy workloads, but it does not excuse poor communication. 

I'm in your shoes, but with the loan processor, and I'll likely end up changing lenders because of her. 

Message 12 of 19
Amythyst
Contributor

Yea, I agree.  Just for comparison... when I was going through the process my loan officer would sometimes email me 4-5 times a day to answer my questions and to ask me for documents and tell me how things were going.  She would also let me know when she had meetings or when she was taking a day off so I wouldn't worry if she didn't respond. 

If it was a one time thing and they are usually responsive, then I would not make a big deal about it as we're all human but if its a regular occurence that you can't get a hold of your loan officer... then, personally, I would find a new one.

Message 13 of 19
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

Can you just imagine waiting a week for each response? If you can handle that kind of stress, well...

I'm in the final approval stage and it kills me to wait 1 day.

Starting Scores: (4/16/12 lender pull) TU 596 | EX 550 | EQ 576
Current Score (9/3/15): Wally TU 639 | Amex EX 628 | DCU EQ 639
Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 14 of 19
foofighter74
Established Contributor

I would request a new loan officer.  Figure out who your loan officer's boss is, explain the situation, and you'll get resolution.  Things worked out for my wife and I, but we were saddled with a woman who was not interested in regular communication.  She didn't even bother to follow up when the email her company sent us with our appraisal bounced back because it was sent to the wrong email address. 

They usually earn a commission on closed loans, and obviously if you complain and request a new loan officer, you'll either be assigned one or your current LO will be much more attentive. lol

There's no reason why they can't communicate at least once a week, even if there is no update. 

Message 15 of 19
cocomadd
Regular Contributor

Well he happens to be the manager/LO of the mortgage company.  So there is no one I could talk to about his lack of communication and follow up.  I am getting pretty upset because when i spoke to him on Friday he said he was sending a detailed email with disclosure information and it is 5:00pm and I have yet to recieve it.

I sent him an email at noon letting him know that I would appreciate if he sent me the email soon because I was sure I would have questions, but he must have ignored that too.  Now I am faced with the fact that I may have to start the process all over again with another company!!  

Also, concerned with too many pulls on credit report!!!  I am not happy.  

Why would he act this way???  Is he trying to buy time for whaever reason??  Confused???

Exp/647-Fako
EQ/629-Fico
Trans/656-Fako
NEW SCORES
EX/665
EQ/642
Trans/656 Fako

This is new to me but I will take the 750+ challenge! Goal by May 2014
Message 16 of 19
foofighter74
Established Contributor

Sometimes they're just lazy.  I would call every day.

Message 17 of 19
lovepea
Established Member

"Why would he act this way???  Is he trying to buy time for whaever reason??  Confused???"

The straight answer is: He is acting this way because you are not important enough to him.  Sure, there are the excuses, sorry, I am slammed, so busy... but when it comes down to it, it takes maybe a minute to email you and say "oh you are right, I apologize, I should have sent those out to you, please give me another day".  But to be ignored how many times now??  It makes no sense to stay with this guy. 

Message 18 of 19
accidentalpancake
Regular Contributor

@lovepea wrote:

"Why would he act this way???  Is he trying to buy time for whaever reason??  Confused???"

The straight answer is: He is acting this way because you are not important enough to him.  Sure, there are the excuses, sorry, I am slammed, so busy... but when it comes down to it, it takes maybe a minute to email you and say "oh you are right, I apologize, I should have sent those out to you, please give me another day".  But to be ignored how many times now??  It makes no sense to stay with this guy. 

I'm completely in agreement with this.

My LO is also the principal owner of his firm, and I get email responses within minutes regardless of when I send them. Morning, evening, weekend, whenever. If you aren't getting responses now, you're going to HATE the process down the line.

FICO as of Feb 2017:
EQ 712 | 728 TU | 713 EX
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.