cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan Suspended 14 days from closing...WTH?

tag
ccubedzx3
Regular Contributor

Loan Suspended 14 days from closing...WTH?

Right now my file is "suspended" because the appraiser listed our house as a condo.   It is a single family home with an association because we have a pool, park, and what not.  Anyways, I was just told FHA doesn't issue loans for new construction condo's.   I called my lender and they said they might have to get it reissued as a Planned Unit Development instead.  If they can do that, then it will be fine. 

I started this new construction home in September, and this issues comes up 2 weeks prior to closing?   I'm stressed to no end and am crossing my fingers that this has a positive outcome.  This is the most stressful process I have encountered in my 32 years....Man Surprised

Anyone else run into a similar issue?

Starting Score:2/1/16 565
Current Score: 3/1/16 575
Lender Mid Score: 3/1/16 575

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: Loan Suspended 14 days from closing...WTH?

I had a similar issue with the original VA mortgage on my unit. Because the units are attached to each other the appraiser noted it as a condo. It was not new construction but I don't think that totally factors in. It is in fact a PUD where I own the building and land. In a condo I only own the space inside and that affects value. I do know with the VA that the PUD had to be on a pre-approved list. Don't know if that is an issue with FHA or not but you may want to ask questions. I can't imagine them going this far without the property / development being approved.

My appraiser was fairly unresponsive to the bank / title company messaging him and it took about two weeks for him to change the check box on his appraisal form and resubmit it. Hopefully yours is more cooperative.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Message 2 of 7
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Well,it can only be issued as a PUD if in fact the property is located within a PUD. There are specific differences in how the property is platted between a PUD and a condo.

If it is a condo, then you need to change to a conventional type loan.

Check the tax records and see how the subdivision is recorded. Even if it's new, the subdivision has to be recorded in the tax records. If you can't find it, contact the builders title company to have them give you the docs if you don't have them already. It will specify right in the docs whether it is a PUD or condo.

Message 3 of 7
demi
Established Contributor

I have a background in Planning, worked on many, many subdivisions in my time....it is amazing how many people do not understand the difference.  Like the previous person indicated, check the subdivision map.  Lots of people have assumed my development is condo (because homes are clustered, common areas, etc)...its not, its a PUD, issued did just come in my refi, but was put to rest right away.

Funny thing, essentially the exact same develpment, same devleoper, floor plans, etc...all detached and separate parcels in the adjoing city (I almost bought there first) is a condo development.

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Message 4 of 7
MainMan
Valued Member

Wow that's very unfortunate Ccube. Hopefully you can get this all worked out and jump right back into underwriting.
Lender Pull -TU 647-Fico as of 5/5/13, EXP 677-lender pull 3/13/2013 EQ 618-Fico as of 5/5/13
Message 5 of 7
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Don't let the word 'Suspended' scare you..... Not even close to a denial.....

Is there a realtor on this? Maybe they can help the appraiser understand the property?!?!?!

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 7
ccubedzx3
Regular Contributor

Thank you all for the reassurance everyone....I spoke to the banker last night who spoke with the appraiser.   The appraiser basically needs to reissue the appraisal report as a Planned Unit Development.  I am back in process after being suspended. 

Looks like the only things I am waiting for is a new completion date since the house isn't finished, then I need the Certificate of Occupany.   

When do I find out I am "Clear to Close?"  Does that happen before receiving the completion date and getting the C of O, or after?  I don't think I can handle much more of this up and down stuff. 

They are digging our driveway and installing the flooring inside right now.  Not much left to do!! I wish I was more excited than nervous, but right now the anxiety and nervousness trumps any and all excitement!!

Starting Score:2/1/16 565
Current Score: 3/1/16 575
Lender Mid Score: 3/1/16 575

Goal Score: 700

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.