cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan approval question... How long before closing to get approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Loan approval question... How long before closing to get approval?

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

I'm right there with you on that, Sommery!

I've been thinking good thoughts for you on this (all day yesterday, and this morning).  I'm not sure why this has been nagging at me so much, but if me wishing for your success can make it happen, you're golden.  

Please let us know what happens. 

Thank you so much. The support on these boards really warms my heart! I still haven't heard anything back from my LO. At this point, I'm feeling like "no news is good news". My reasoning is that if nothing couldn't be done, I would have heard no by now. My LO has been in contact with my agent, (we just got the HVAC certificate which UW was requiring), and she told him that there was a "glitch" with the loan, but she was working it out. Sounds promising, and that's the hope that I'm desparately clinging too now.

Message Edited by Sommery on 10-08-2009 10:14 AM
Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

My loan officer came back with an answer, and it was no for the "American Dream" loan. Their UW guidelines for that loan are apparently very strict. However, I called around to other lenders, and one actually pulled my credit. He says he can get the loan approved, he'll rush it through and we'll probably end up closing only a week late. Smiley Happy

When the US Bank LO heard that someone else could get me a loan, she decided to see if we can go FHA as that's what the other guy is going for. She found out that I can in fact go FHA with my grant. She's contacting UW to see if it can be approved as an FHA loan, since their UW guidelines are less picky - and I pointed out to her that FHA does not require that unpaid collections be paid. I'm waiting to hear back from her now. But if we do FHA, I will need an FHA appraisal. I already pre-paid the original appraisal, and I refuse to pay for another one upfront. The other guy will not charge me up front for the appraisal, but he's going to get a full credit approval from UW before ordering the appraisal. Things ARE looking up....

I'll update as soon as I know something.

Message 22 of 26
XAVIERSMAMA
Regular Contributor

Hang in there SommerySmiley Happy  I really hope everything works out for you.
Message 23 of 26
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

I've been afraid to ask...glad it's looking good...hang in there!
Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: I could not get approved for a loan. I thank US Bank for telling me I was approved and then pulling the rug out from under me hundreds of dollars later. Good work.

I thank everyone for their support. At this point, I don't think I will be putting myself through this again. I wish everyone else luck. Hope everything works out for you.

Message 25 of 26
XAVIERSMAMA
Regular Contributor

I'm sorry SommerySmiley Sad  This just means that there is something better for you.  Don't give up.  See what you can do about the collection.  You have more power to negotiate now because you are not under the time crunch of trying to meet your closing. 
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.