cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan being held up because I'm a "Authorized User" on my husband's credit cards accounts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loan being held up because I'm a "Authorized User" on my husband's credit cards accounts?

Here's the deal:

I live in Florida and I'm married. I'm buying a house under my name only because my husband's credit scores would pull our interest rate lower.

The UW looked at my credit report (which has a mid-score of 698) and saw that I had a few credit cards under my name, and many as an "Authorized User". He put the loan in Suspend mode. I explained to them that they are all my husband's credit cards and that I am the authorized user. They are not from family, friends, or anything like that. All me and my husband's.

To prove it, they had me send over the front page of every credit card statement that I'm an Authorized User on to prove that it was my husband's cards and no one elses.

It seems to be taking forever to get this signed off and get my loan moving again through the system. My LO called today and left a message and said they are doing a "Credit Suppliment to verify the Authorized User on the credit cards".

Can someone explain to me what this means?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Loan being held up because I'm a "Authorized User" on my husband's credit cards accoun

a third party will verify the documents and have them added to a supplemental credit report.

not to worry.

you might get a call from the 3rd party to conference in with the compnies you are AU with.... again, not to worry.

problem: you have 1 good account and 6 AU accounts.

not a problem: you have 6 good accounts and 1 AU account.

one caveat.... AU on spouse credit card NOT a problem.

piggy backing on mom's credit cards present a false credit score.... lender is being prudent.... 

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Loan being held up because I'm a "Authorized User" on my husband's credit cards accoun

Thank you for the info!

I have 3 credit cards under my name (and husband is AU)

I have 7 credit cards under my husbands name (and I am an AU)

That's it. No other credit besides that.

So I should be OK here, correct? They just need to verify and everything should be good?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.