Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan going to QC?

tag
tradinglife
Established Member

Loan going to QC?

Borker just called, says loan came back from USDA (Guaranteed) approved, says waiting on QC, (quality control)  to sign off.  Says we should close later this week. Should I be worried about this QC (qulity control check)?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Loan going to QC?

No. All lenders have QC now.

Message 2 of 6
tradinglife
Established Member

So have to wait for QC till Wednesday because of veterans day. So is there a chance this QC could still kill my loan for any reason.? I thought after it came back from USDA approved, I was safe!

Message 3 of 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

It is a routine step. Nothing should stand in the way of your approval if everything was completed according to the lenders' protocol. Nothing to worry about at all.

Here is a link to an long but interesting read on best practices for establishing quality control procedures - it has more detail than you or I  want to know!

It is specific to Freddie Mac but I'm sure most of the lenders use a similar format http://www.freddiemac.com/singlefamily/pdf/qc_practices.pdf

Message 4 of 6
tradinglife
Established Member

So is every mortgage sent to QC, or was it just our luck to be picked out?

Message 5 of 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

All the loans are sent through QC now.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.