Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan modification with NationStar Mortgage

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loan modification with NationStar Mortgage

I have a $200,000 loan ($196k balance) on a property in Fort Lauderdale, FL now worth about $85-$90.  I started a new job and my income will be lower this year, commission only.    I have cash and can (and will) continue to make my mortgage payment.   I've never been late.  My credit score has gone up considerably from when I qualified for this 100% financing, sub-prime mortgage at 8.25%.

I called today to explain my situation and ask that they lower my interest rate.  (I didn't think a principal reduction was realistic).  The customer service said, "No problem, we'll send out a loan modification checklist right away."

I'd love to see my interest rate drop to 5.5 or 6% which would be a huge annual savings.  Am I getting my hopes up?  Is the packet coming in the mail going to be a big run around?

I've heard people say they will only reduce your interest/principal if it means you will again be able to make payment (and have a few hundred left over) but previously were unable too or if you are behind on your mortgage.  Neither are really the case - I will be able to make my current payment and have never been behind.  

Is there hope?  Any tips?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Loan modification with NationStar Mortgage

Who is the mortgage with?  I have countrywide and they seem like they wont help anyone. 
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.