Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan with back child support possible?

tag
TerrenceATL
Contributor

Loan with back child support possible?

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a loan with owing past due child support (5000). I'm not in a repayment agreement either. I want to use a first time homebuyer's program but all the ones I know about use FHA and I know they don't allow you to go through them with owing child support. Any Suggestions. I'm in Atlanta if that helps with 700 mid score.
6/1/2008 EQ -634
9/12/08 EX 691 * TU 689
10/02/08 EQ 677
11/11/08 TU 669 * EQ 668
1/15/09 EX 759 * EQ 788
9/24/09 EQ 761 * EX 729 (from NFCU loan app) * TU 666
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Loan with back child support possible?

@TerrenceATL wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a loan with owing past due child support (5000). I'm not in a repayment agreement either. I want to use a first time homebuyer's program but all the ones I know about use FHA and I know they don't allow you to go through them with owing child support. Any Suggestions. I'm in Atlanta if that helps with 700 mid score.
I don't understand... you have 3.5% down but don't have the $5000 to pay for the kids?
"All of the ones use FHA" <= what do you mean?

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 4
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

Pay off your child support, then you will have no problem qualifying for FHA.

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any Arrears in support will disqualify you for an FHA loan, whether it's 10 cents or 10,000 dollars. 
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.