Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loans for land???

tag
llsnmerriman
Valued Member

Loans for land???

My wife & I have a 2006 mobile home. Have considered selling. We r set up in a nice park out in the country but We're unsure if we can sell to come out even. So, we r debating on purchasing Land. It would be on my credit. I've had past problems but my scores are back up to 640s+... no lates for over a year & that is from a creditor from 2007. Everything is paid off. 2 inst loans and cc in great standing. My question is.... Is there a program for land loans? Also, if I need to run electric, water to site? Just trying to weigh my options bc I'm concerned about not Selling home for what I owe, so considering moving to my own land & build a home in future Ty
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Loans for land???

I am not sure about the credit score concerns but  I just closed on a construction loan that purchased the land and combined the cost of the house also.  The water and power cost  were also included in the loan.  There are a few programs out there but you really have to shop around.  Are you planning on building a home on the land?  They also included the excavation costs and city and building permit costs on the same loan.  It is an interest only loan for one year and then we have to convert to permanent financing before the year is up.  I hope all works out for you.  usda rural has a good program and fha also. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Loans for land???

Oops i think i read your post wrong.  Are you wanting to move your mobile home on some land?  If thats the case I am not really sure. I know my experience with mobile homes is pretty limited. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.