Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Lender VS Out of state/Online

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Local Lender VS Out of state/Online

Hello!

I am possibly going to look into going through an out of state lender. The local lenders do not have much experience in a VA home loan and it was very apparent when I sat down with them.

Has anyone used an out of state/online lender and had great success? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Local Lender VS Out of state/Online

I'm using an out of state lendor for my VA loan that was recommended to me on this site.  He has been amazing... even when the seller's realtor has been less than responsive  Smiley Happy  My credit was less than perfect and he has been honest and is so knowledgable that he has gotten me to the point where I'm going to close in about 10 days. (fingers crossed nothing goes wrong)

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm using an out of state lendor for my VA loan that was recommended to me on this site.  He has been amazing... even when the seller's realtor has been less than responsive  Smiley Happy  My credit was less than perfect and he has been honest and is so knowledgable that he has gotten me to the point where I'm going to close in about 10 days. (fingers crossed nothing goes wrong)

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I too have less than perfect credit. Was their any push back from the sellers about not using a local bank? 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

No push back at all. I did a preapproval where the lender actually reviewed my credit completely so I was more confident about my financing when I made an offer. He’s been 100% on top of everything and has felt like a total advocate for me in the whole process
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.