Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for help to get mortgage loan this year

tag
Jaguars28fan
Contributor

Looking for help to get mortgage loan this year

Hi,

I've been rebuilding my credit for the past year and a half.  I think I'm finally close to the point where I might be able to get a loan.  Just looking for some help on what to do next. 

Credit : myfico for EQ is 650.  my tu08 is 637 (that's the score when I still had a collection on it though).  I have 4 chargeoffs (2 w/ balances) totaling 5k from 6 years ago.  I have 3 open credit cards.  One being 2 years, another being 1, and another being 6 month.  Wife has around 750.  Her credit has no problems.  No lates for either of us in the past 5 years. 

Income :  I make about 35k/yr .  She makes 15k/yr

Debt :  She has a student loan for about 7k left. 

Savings : 2k.  If i had to put a down payment, I'd probably take a loan against my 401k for 7k.

We're trying for a USDA Direct loan  but incase funding is delayed, I was wondering our chances for FHA?  Does anyone know of any lenders that do no require chargeoffs to be paid?  All the ones I've called so far, require it. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Looking for help to get mortgage loan this year

Charge offs do not always have to be paid. It is based on lender requirements.

Im not sure who you been talking too but I would speak with a broker instead of an LO in your situation. They deal with many lenders and should be able to place you with a lender to get you approval for your situation. Just shop brokers as if you were shopping to purchase home.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 3
Jaguars28fan
Contributor

Re: Looking for help to get mortgage loan this year

ok thanks, I'l try that.  I've just been calling around and talking to customer service reps (I think).  The three I called, all wanted the charge offs paid off.  The USDA direct said they are ok and don't need to be, but of course, they don't have funding at the moment. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.