Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for review of online mortgage lenders

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for review of online mortgage lenders

I found rates quoted from bankrate.com to be very competitive compared to my bank. I called a few and it sounded they closing costs and other terms are better as well. I'm curious if there is a catch to it? Has anyone had any experience with them? I'm a bit nervous doing something this big over the phone. Is there a place those online lenders are reviewed?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for review of online mortgage lenders

To quote DallasLoanGuy, one of our resident experts.. "he who seeks the lowest rates and fees.... will find neither."  You might find some surprises when you actually get down to it and apply.  I personally was more comfortable going with a local recommended broker and verifying the rates and fees were reasonable.  Nothing like being able to drive to the office and turn in documents or ask questions or what have you.  They (and their people) also often have a better handle on the local market and practices.  My two cents Smiley Happy
Message Edited by rmily on 01-06-2010 08:39 PM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.