cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for some help.... PLEASE??!!??!!??!!

tag
bandlp08
New Contributor

Looking for some help.... PLEASE??!!??!!??!!

Hello!!!

I  have read alot of stuff on here and some I understand some not so much. I figured it would be easier to just ask for help so here it goes. My husband and I signed a lease on a doublewide on 3 acres of land last December. He owns his own trucking company and it is just him. I am in school. On taxes last year after all the trucking stuff it showed he brought home $27,000 I believe.  We filed bankruptcy in july 2009 and discharged in Nov 2009. So this lease is option to buy after the first year and can only lease for 2 years without buying. We pay 950 a month and $250 of that goes toward down payment for the first year and nothing the second year. So we are coming up to the end of the first year and we are wanting to purchase. We dont know where to start. We have established credit and his scores are in the 620 area. Mine is about the same. I will not be on a home loan as I have debt credit card and school loan with no income so I would just hold him down. His credit cards are close to limits and will be all paid off next week and he has a verizon bill floating around that should had been in bankruptcy  but got overlooked that also will be paid next week. Paying all the 7 credit cards off but one and it will be at 25% and continue to pay payments should boost his credit right?  What should the next steps be? house is being sold for 89,000 with the land.  What kind of loan should we go with? Is his income okay to buy a house?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Looking for some help.... PLEASE??!!??!!??!!

Yeah I think it can be done, looks like USDA is the way to go.

Message 2 of 3
jadeite788
Established Contributor

Re: Looking for some help.... PLEASE??!!??!!??!!

@bandlp08 wrote:

Hello!!!

I  have read alot of stuff on here and some I understand some not so much. I figured it would be easier to just ask for help so here it goes. My husband and I signed a lease on a doublewide on 3 acres of land last December. He owns his own trucking company and it is just him. I am in school. On taxes last year after all the trucking stuff it showed he brought home $27,000 I believe.  We filed bankruptcy in july 2009 and discharged in Nov 2009. So this lease is option to buy after the first year and can only lease for 2 years without buying. We pay 950 a month and $250 of that goes toward down payment for the first year and nothing the second year. So we are coming up to the end of the first year and we are wanting to purchase. We dont know where to start. We have established credit and his scores are in the 620 area. Mine is about the same. I will not be on a home loan as I have debt credit card and school loan with no income so I would just hold him down. His credit cards are close to limits and will be all paid off next week and he has a verizon bill floating around that should had been in bankruptcy  but got overlooked that also will be paid next week. Paying all the 7 credit cards off but one and it will be at 25% and continue to pay payments should boost his credit right?  What should the next steps be? house is being sold for 89,000 with the land.  What kind of loan should we go with? Is his income okay to buy a house?

If you can pay off all credit cards except 1, and have 4% utilitzation you will see the biggest increase in score and it will help interest rate. 

Starting Score: 565
Current Experian Score: 634 (Lender pull)
Current Equifax Score: previous 668, 680 as of 11/12/13 lender pull
Current Transunion Score: previous 675,677 as of 09/23/13
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.