cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to Buy a Home in 2017 with Credit Challenges and 3% down. Do I Qualify?

tag
Calidreaming
Regular Contributor

Re: Looking to Buy a Home in 2017 with Credit Challenges and 3% down. Do I Qualify?

Thanks ProfGoGetter

The HBC program is looking less and less attractive by the minute.  .  I think I'll concentrate mainly on 3% down First Time Homebuyer options elsewhere instead.  Do you think it would be worth it to use a mortgage broker?

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking to Buy a Home in 2017 with Credit Challenges and 3% down. Do I Qualify?

I can't speak to mortgage brokers, as I have never used one. I have heard great things about them, and terrible things about them. My suggestion to everyone reading this is speak to a bunch of lenders and ask a ton of questions. See who calls you back right away. See who makes you feel at ease, and who gives actual answers, not just what you want to hear.

Depending on where you are, I have some excellent lenders that I absolutely love, I just had to go through the builders lender for expediencies sake.

Message 12 of 13
Calidreaming
Regular Contributor

ProfGoGetter,  I am in GA.  I would love to get some recommendations on lenders.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.