Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to Refi my FHA

tag
nicemann
Established Contributor

Looking to Refi my FHA

I am looking to either do a streamline FHA refi or maybe switch to a convention 30 year loan.  Looking for some advice.  My credit score is finally at 800.  I bought my house back in 2008 with a FHA loa.  Did a streamline FHA refi in 07/2010.  I originally got my loan for $155k and it's down to $139k.  My house value did drop and my loan is probably a little more then it's value.  That would scream that I should do a FHA refi but I do have money saved so I can probably get to 20% below whatever it appraises if I go the conventional loan rate. 

So guess the question is which way would be the smartest?  My FHA loan is currently with US Bank and it shows MIP Mortgage Insurance being $64.27 a month.  I am assuming if I can refi conventional that would be a savings each month since I probably wouldn't have to pay that.  I see Penfed has their 30 year conventional loan at 3.726% APR.  Debating about reaching out to them if I decide to go conventional.  They say they have a 1% orientation fee.

Appreciate anyone's insight.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Looking to Refi my FHA

your loan officer can give you an estimate each way.....   bring the comparison here.

i bet you go conv

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 3
nicemann
Established Contributor

Re: Looking to Refi my FHA

Thanks I will try that.  Was looking around online trying to figure out which way to go.  Guess I can call PenFed on Monday and see what they suggest.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.