Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks like a ton of us are closing

tag
Kozmo
Frequent Contributor

Re: Looks like a ton of us are closing

Can I pick everyone's brains?

My appraisal was ordered last Thursday. They did it on Friday. My broker said she will tell us by Friday the results. But in the mean time the loan was already approved and the only conditions were insurance, EMD cancelled check and a state grant form. So is it safe to assume the appraisal went well and we just don't have the actual appraisal documents?

My broker is smart but not great at communicating. This is our first time buying and she doesn't seem to appreciate the anxiety and questions we have. She did get us a good rate but still...damn it's taking a week to hear back on this.
Message 11 of 36
Kozmo
Frequent Contributor

Nevermind it appraised just barely over the selling price... Phew!
Message 12 of 36
In-A-Limbo
Valued Member

Kozmo, May I ask if you are using FHA? I'm just curious to know the time line. How long after you submit the application did you get approval?

Message 13 of 36
Kozmo
Frequent Contributor

Yep FHA. It took about 8 days for conditional approval. I'd imagine now that we have our conditions met we will get a clear to close by next weeks end
Message 14 of 36
kdmitchell27
New Contributor

Those who are going FHA, how long were you took you had to wait til settlement? Don't know if it's the norm but I was told 45-60 from approval.

Lender Pulled Credit Rating as of 4.10.2013. (Fico Experian: 660) (Fico TU: 685) (Fico Equifax: 659)
Message 15 of 36
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Took us a total of 45 days, it could have been quicker if we had less time but I jumped on it as soon as we were 45 days out to make sure we had zero delays. We got our clear to close almost 2 weeks before our closing day.

Message 16 of 36
In-A-Limbo
Valued Member

I asked my broker should we include the Letter of explanation for any credit issues since my BK was discharged just 2.5 years ago and he was like "they'll most like ask for it but let just wait till they ask for it." I have a feel that this will slow everything down. So fustrated...

Message 17 of 36
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

That wont slow anything down, when you get your approval your gonna have conditions and an LOE they ask for will just be another one.

Message 18 of 36
In-A-Limbo
Valued Member

I'm relieved to hear that...

Message 19 of 36

Congrats! What were your credit scores when you applied? Did you have any baddies on your report? I'm looking to apply soon but I have to fix my credit first and improve my scores i think.

3/24/13 TU 601 EXP 615 EQX 553
Goal: 700
Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.