Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks like a ton of us are closing

tag
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

Re: Looks like a ton of us are closing

The banks are NFCU and USAA, so the branches are far and few between.  I think USAA has a new branch out at the base but my dad is somewhat paralyzed and cannot get around that fast or efficiently, so hopefully they can email or fax him that documentation.  If not, I guess we will just wait.  Thanks for the information!

Message 31 of 36
foofighter74
Established Contributor

Sometimes, as i say, the info will be available in your online transaction history so a bank statement with detail may suffice.  If you can click on the wire transfer in your account and there are details, it may look like a jumbled mess. 

But the format is usually similar - you get the wire reference #, your bank sequence #, the fed reference #, the ABA # of the sending bank (your father's bank), their reference #, and the name of the organization that sent it (the bank name).   Obviously, this will be a printout from your bank acct, so obvoiusly, the destination matched.

So if i'm an underwriter, and you show that to me, I now have, printed on your bank account statement, a wire credit.  I can see on the statement what bank the money came from, the reference # of the wire, the person sending the wire, etc.

Should be enough.  If not, he can probably call and have something sent or faxed to your or the lender. 

Message 32 of 36
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the clue!   I'm sure it will be enough, the lender is pretty lenient with requirements but they love covering all their bases.  Apparently the UW department has told them they need to minimize the amount and frequency of paperwork they are sending them, haha.

Message 33 of 36
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

USAA was able to provide a comprehensive receipt of the wire transfer in PDF form.  All is well. Smiley Happy 

Message 34 of 36
foofighter74
Established Contributor

Excellent! I didn't think it would be much of a hangup.  Banks used to send out letters by mail when a wire transfer happened, but given the digital age and the fact that so many people get their bank statements, and correspondence online, it doesn't happen much anymore.

At work, I used to have a huge stack of wire notifications rubber banded together at the end of every year.  Not anymore.

Message 35 of 36
MissLindsayP
Established Member

Well after almost 5 months of hardwork...we got our CLEAR TO CLOSE!  It's such a relief, I started crying.  Bawling, actually.  The USDA turnaround in WA was supposed to be 25 days, then 30- well- after 33 days of nailbiting, HERE WE ARE! Signing by Thursday!

Can't wait!

And thank you everyone, as this forum has been the only thing keeping me sane!

Lindsay

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.