Did you mean: 

Lord love a duck. WTH???

tag
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Lord love a duck. WTH???

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

i call bull

the title co can pay for it...... they have had the file for a while now and they just now find out that they arent available?   hammer them!!!!

1st of all.... if you are paying something outside of closing..... the lender needs to know about it

2nd of all, this is just scummy

Agree with Dallas^^^

Who is to pay the title fees for closing - buyer or seller?  Take a look at your contract-if the seller is to pay those fees, then push the notary charge over to the seller's side. 

If it is you, the buyer, make the title co eat the charge. They will do it when confronted - have your agent get into it with them.  It is unconscionable that the title co would have a last minute issue with closing and not be able to handle it on their own.

Heck, I would be so irritated I would move the file to another title co if at all possible....that way they don't have to worry about closing it Smiley Happy  Of course, if you move the file to another title co, the bonus is this - they don't get paid if they don't close it (usually, there are exceptions to this). 

Message 11 of 15
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not upset about the fact that they need verification. I'm upset about the fact that they (MY lender) doesn't seem to grasp the fundamental fact of me and my agent being unable to issue a "notice to vacate" to the renters. Or that a simple verification that the house is vacated on walk-through won't suffice.

Gotcha...sorry that I misintrpreted your post. That said, please understand the the lender works for you, not for the seller or anyone else. As such, whatever the lender needs, it will request from you. If you had an attorney representing you, the attorney would assume the job of chaing down the conditions regardless who is responsible for meeting the lender's requirement. In the absense of anyone representing you, you have to take on the burden of chasing down the condition requested by your lender. All the best.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Though we are going VA, we are buying in a very hot area, so we opted to pay closing costs ourselves while also going in full price. There are some seller concessions toward closing for a repair, but the majority will be paid by us. Either way, title company will eat the cost or make it work. Seller's agent also said he would not pay for mobile notary. Title committment has been in hand for 3 weeks.

Message 13 of 15
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Though we are going VA, we are buying in a very hot area, so we opted to pay closing costs ourselves while also going in full price. There are some seller concessions toward closing for a repair, but the majority will be paid by us. Either way, title company will eat the cost or make it work. Seller's agent also said he would not pay for mobile notary. <= isnt he the jerk who picked the title co?  Title committment has been in hand for 3 weeks.

i would say:   ok... we can wait until they are available..... 

Retired Lender
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, he did pick them. I should be clear he said no one should pay for it.

I got a call back from my agent and the renters are just cleaning Sunday so we will still do the walk through that afternoon. She also spoke with the actual title agent. Seems it was a "new assistant" who gave the statement of me paying for a mobile notary because they were too busy. The issue was corrected and closing should happen Thursday as scheduled.

Already becoming very disconnected from the current house I've lived in for the past 5 years. For instance, I haven't cleaned for a week (ok, maybe 2) Smiley Very Happy But I'm holding off to send our notice to vacate until after closing. Just didn't want to risk it.

After spending so long thinking I would never get out of debt and then never be able to afford a house with my student loans, this is feeling a little unreal.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.