Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost $1350! Can anything be done?

tag
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

Re: Lost $1350! Can anything be done?

I am so sorry this happened to you. I hope there is a way to at least find out what happened, and have a shot at getting at least part of the money back. Listen to the advice from here, and you may have a shot, if you did get robbed.

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 11 of 17
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes it has bothered me too. He won't return email or phone calls, and he never answers my phone calls. My new loan officer is from the town I live in. Hopefully the realtors will work with me again! (When I save the money I lost)

Thanks

You might want to find another realtor if they didn't protect your earnest money with a financing contingency.

Retired Lender
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well there was a financing contingency but it was only 21 days, we went beyond that so it was my fault. I have signed the money over to the seller and it is my loss.

I just wish there is something I can do to make sure the loan officer does not prequalify someone else that needs credit help first. I am close to being approved but I would not have made the offer if the loan officer had been honest and told me I needed to work on my credit first. My fico was under 580 when he pulled it. It should be above 580 now but he made that seem unimportant at the time. He just kept reassuring my realtor, the sellers realtor, the title company lady as well as me. He mislead us all.

Thanks so much for all of your help.

Message 13 of 17
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

When I first started in the business, my boss told me to say yes and get the deal in the door.... we would figure out how to get it done later.

I knew better and didn't do that.

There is a lot of greed in this biz.... and a lot of scumbags.

Valuable lesson you learned.

Contact Texas Savings & Loan to report this hack!!!!

Better yet... name them!!! LOL

Retired Lender
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the link. I see that this loan officer got his license 5 days prior to my gfe! Now another question, for the lo that I am working with right now, it states license inactive. Should I run?
Message 15 of 17
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the link. I see that this loan officer got his license 5 days prior to my gfe! Now another question, for the lo that I am working with right now, it states license inactive. Should I run?
so does mine.
i work for a bank now so i dont need one. only brokers need them.

Retired Lender
Message 16 of 17
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Consider posting this story on Planetfeedback.com  let other people be aware of his *practice*.  I really loathe dishonesty.  $1350 is a LOT of cash these days and not to be lost lightly.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.