Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low fee lenders (UDSA Guaranteed)

tag
Cubist
New Contributor

Low fee lenders (UDSA Guaranteed)

We signed a purchase agreement late last week on a great house. I got all of the loan paperwork from the lender (reccomended by our buyer's agent) & was really shocked at all of the fees they had tacked on. Most of them looked like BS fees to me. Things they tacked on becuase we are first time home buyers and maybe the lender was trying to make a little extra, over and above their normal fees. I realize some of the fees are a standard fee charged for the title search and thing slike that, but there was almost $2000 in administrative type fees paid directly to the lender's office.

I am trying to get an estimate of fees from BofA and Wells Fargo just to get an idea of what they charge. We are flexible on the closing date, as I'm pretty sure the seller is also. I'm hoping this won't set us back too much to find another lender or negotiate the fees down.

Anyone have an personal experience with what fees were for Bof A or Wells Fargo?

I only THOUGHT the house hunting was stressful. that was NOTHING comared to the loan process!!

VS- $500, BarclayCard - $1200, Lowes - $5000, Old Navy - $1400, CapOne - $200, Chase Freedom - $1200
Started My credit rebuilding 11/2012 (stating scores in the low/ mid-500s)
Current scores - EQ 690. TU 724, EQ 719
Closed on my first home 7/25/2013!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH MyFico!
Gardening until 3/1/2014
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.