Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIGHT BE A SILLY QUESTION BUT I HAD TO ASK

tag
kai_1103
New Contributor

Re: MIGHT BE A SILLY QUESTION BUT I HAD TO ASK

Just my experience but I have to warn you.  If it requires a contractor then it would be incredibly hard to do under $8,000 if you are including a kitchen.  Get a ton of estimates, make youself a list of every last thing you will need.  Check out prices to make sure no one is hosing you, and you will get a good idea what it will cost.  Then a good rule of thumb is to double it.  You never know! Smiley Happy

Maybe you can do a spruce up in the kitchen, but get some of the other things done.  Save up for a kitchen... they can sure be pricey is you are talking cabinets, countertops, etc.

Good luck!

Message Edited by kelaykay on 10-23-2009 06:35 PM
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bsal wrote:
 I THINK HE IS LYING TRYING TO GET ME IN THE HOUSE BUT THAT HOUSE IS NOT MOVE IN READY IT NEEDS WORK BEFORE I MOVE IN AND IF ITS MORE THEN 8K I DON'T THINK I WILL GO THREW WITH THIS HOME PURCHASE WHAT DO U GUYS THINK PLEASE HELP ME I'M NEW AND A LIL SCARED 

Just a heads up, it's taking in the neighborhood of 12-16 weeks to get the tax credit.  Hopefully you weren't planning to get the money soon and move in within a few weeks.  Also be aware that if you back out for no reason other than you changed your mind, you'll likely lose your earnest money.  If you had a financing contingency or inspection contingency maybe you can get around losing those funds.

Message Edited by rmily on 10-26-2009 06:40 PM
Message 12 of 13
Lel
Moderator Emeritus
Moved:

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.