Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MORTGAGE ADVICE NEEDED ASAP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MORTGAGE ADVICE NEEDED ASAP

This is my scenario, I am wanting to build a new home. I have a current mortgage with a balance of about 170K my home is worth 220K. All of my mortgage FICO scores are low to mid 700’s. I was recently divorced and was given the house without having to give any of the equity to my ex-spouse, but I have to refinance the current mortgage out of her name by April 1st 2018.

My income is 43,000 a year - 30,000 is w-2 income and 7,000 is child support income and 6,000 for a room I rent out in my home. My current position in my company is a 9 month position “Work for a School” starting this year I am receiving a raise of 25% which is 7,500 for converting from a 9 month to 12 month position. This raise isn’t going to take place until June of 2018. After that I will have an income of 50,500 - 37,500 w-2 income and 7,000 child support and 6,000 for rental of room in my current home.

I want someone with experience to give me options of what I can do. I believe I'm eligible for any of the FHA and USDA loan options. 

Wish List: I want to be able to continue to live in my current home until my new home is complete.

I would also like to keep my current home as a rental property if possible. House rental appraisal is 1,650 monthly. 4BD 2BTH home with a very desirable location.

Key items:

• Construction cost including land will be roughly 250K
  • Current Cash reserves 15,000
  • I have to refinance current mortgage by April 1st 2018
  • Current DTI is 45% with current Mortgage and 14% without mortgage added in.
  • Currently have about 40K to 50K in equity in my current home
  • Have two different incomes that are non w-2 incomes
  • Current credit profile 25% utilization 25,000 available in CC’s using 6,250 total payments = 125.00
  • Current vehicle payment is 371.00 a month
  • Current mortgage with Insurance and taxes – 1,100 a month “conventional mortgage”
  • 10 Years of age on credit
  • No late pays ever, no charge offs, no negative what so ever.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MORTGAGE ADVICE NEEDED ASAP

You are likely to get much better responses if this discussion thread were moved to the Mortgage forum.  Would you like me to ask a moderator to do that?

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes Please if you dont mind

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Focusing solely on your FICO mortgage scores....

How many credit cards do you have?

Can you make sure that all of them are reporting $0 except one (All Zero Except One = AZEO) with the remaining card reporting a small positive balance?  (Like $20?)  The remaining card should be one in your name only (not an AU card) and should be a true credit card (not a charge card).

If you implement AZEO you will get a scoring boost (depending on what you are doing now).

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Can you make sure that all of them are reporting $0 except one (All Zero Except One = AZEO) with the remaining card reporting a small positive balance?  (Like $20?)  The remaining card should be one in your name only (not an AU card) and should be a true credit card (not a charge card).

If you implement AZEO you will get a scoring boost (depending on what you are doing now).

Curious to hear what your CC situation is.  See my questions above.

Message 5 of 16
JGGM
Frequent Contributor

I could be wrong here, but I would think a new $250k home is a bit optimistic for your income, once adding in car payment and credit card debt. That not even factoring in your existing mortgage. Inguess you live in a low property tax state? Because a $250k mortgage where I live with taxes and insurance would be about $2300 a month. 

Current Score 7-1-21: TU: 812 EX: 805 EQ: 839
Goal Score:ACHIEVED - 800 Across the Board
In My Wallet: Cap1 QS - PenFed Power Cash Rewards - PenFed Promise - AmEx Delta Platinum - DISCO - NFCU Cash Rewards - Chase Sapphire Preferred

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Curious to hear what your CC situation is.  See my questions above.

My mortgage scores are fine. Please re-read the post, I'm needing help on finding information on how I can get a construction loan so I can construct a new home while living in my current home that has a mortgage. All of my finacial details are listed on my post.

I have 10 Revolving trade lines, three of which are REAL CREDIT CARDS and not charge cards, PENFED, CAPITAL ONE, AND NFCU. Currently holding 25% utilization across two of the 10 revolving accounts I have open.  

Message 7 of 16
sid33
Regular Contributor

Something else to consider, If you are needing to refinance you current home and have a new home built, how are you going to work the primary residence issue. If you refinance your current home as a primary residence then build a new home this year and have that financed as a primary residence, wouldn't that be considered mortgage fraud? Normally there is a time limit you must stay in your home after you finance it as a primary residence.  So one home would need to be financed as an investment property ( or something) and the other would be a primary residence.

Someone corect me if I'm wrong.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JGGM wrote:

I could be wrong here, but I would think a new $250k home is a bit optimistic for your income, once adding in car payment and credit card debt. That not even factoring in your existing mortgage. Inguess you live in a low property tax state? Because a $250k mortgage where I live with taxes and insurance would be about $2300 a month. 

Property Tax and Insurance will run me about 265 to 275 a month. VERY LOW TAX and Insurance is about 1000/ year here

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

You mention that some of your FICO scores are in the low 700s.  It's quite possible that your middle score is < 740, which is suboptimal for the mortgage itself.  And if you lack a 20% downpayment then you need a 760 for best rates on PMI.

But I accept now that you feel that your mortgage scores are fine and don't want to hear any thoughts about strategies for improving them.  I didn't know that, but I understand that now.

Best of luck and I hope other folks here in the mortgage forum can give you the help you need.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.