Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MORTGAGE SCORES GRRRRRRR!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MORTGAGE SCORES GRRRRRRR!!!!!!

im in the process of rebuilding and ive been watching my scores across the board very closly. my 8 scores have drastically improved but it seems that the mortgage scores have barely changed. there is probably a 30- 40 point difference in my scores. how does one go about improving mortgage scores? 

1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: MORTGAGE SCORES GRRRRRRR!!!!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

im in the process of rebuilding and ive been watching my scores across the board very closly. my 8 scores have drastically improved but it seems that the mortgage scores have barely changed. there is probably a 30- 40 point difference in my scores. how does one go about improving mortgage scores? 

Unfortunately the short answer is either fix basic things like revolving utilization or get negatives off.

The aging factor on derogatories is different on FICO 8 vs the mortgage scores (older algorithms).  Also other reindeer games like the Share Secured Loan trick work brilliantly on FICO 8 if you don't have an installment loan, but it's flatly ignored for everything except mix of credit on 2/3 of the mortgage scores.

There's some other differences but unfortunately for the purposes of getting a mortgage there's fewer tricks we have available, and it simply takes longer in terms of the time domain to improve one's scores especially if you have "middle-age" negatives.  Longer thread on differences if you're interested linked in the sticky:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/FICO-scores-used-for-mortgage-and-where-to-obtain-them/td-p/3817869

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.