Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOVED INTO OUR NEW HOME FOUR DAYS AGO

tag
ashdown1967
New Contributor

MOVED INTO OUR NEW HOME FOUR DAYS AGO

I want to thank you guys for all the help that I got from you.
Moved into our new home four days ago and we are loving it. New build in a beautiful community. Took us 60 days from start to finish. Had a great Loan officer and realtor. The process was so easy and stress ffree, thank God.. Va loan through Wellsfargo 180.000 2800 sq ft 4 bedrooms and 3. Bathrooms and lots of land around us. Sorry for rambling but I feel like a kid in a candy store. We have waited so long for this day, and thanks to God its here.
Thanks for reading
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

Re: MOVED INTO OUR NEW HOME FOUR DAYS AGO

Awesome, congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, what were your scores at time of purchase?

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643
Goal Score: 701

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 12
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Message 3 of 12
adymax
Contributor

Congratulation and I have a question.

We want to buy a new house that will be build. How do I know I can afford the house in 6 month when the house is ready if the interest rates go up?   If I sign a contract for the house to be build is there a way to specify the max rate or how is this working?

Message 4 of 12
AppleJacks
Established Member

Congratulations!  I bet that's a wonderful feeling. 

Message 5 of 12
Sunshine85
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 6 of 12
nolimits
Established Member

Congratulations!!!

In regards to locking the rates, I've seen lenders offer anywhere from 30 to 120 day locks.  Sometimes a premium is required for the longer locks.  That being said, if 6 months is the "true" construction time, then you will have slightly less risk.  I might add most homes are built in 3-4 months unless you experience abnormal/bad weather conditions.

Also, keep in mind, with a custom home there are different ways to setup your financing.  One is to simply sign a contract with a builder that is similar to buying a house that is for sale on the market.  In that scenario, the builder assumes all the risk for procuring a construction loan, etc.  All you do is qualify, throw up the earnest money and pick your colors, etc then go to closing and take possession.  

Another way is for the OWNER to procure a construction loan to hire contractors and purchase materials and towards the end of the process, it converts into a normal home loan.  

Which way do you plan to proceed?

It is only the poor who pay cash, and that not from virtue, but because they are refused credit. - Anatole France

FICO Scores (1/6/13): EX 642 and TU 670
Message 7 of 12
fabadvice
Established Member

Congratulations !!!!! I know it's a wonderful feeling !

Message 8 of 12
ashdown1967
New Contributor

Thank you guys, it is a wonderful feeling.  I feel so blessed.   My scores were 621 606 60.

Message 9 of 12
ashdown1967
New Contributor

Sorry 621 606 601.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.