Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Made a decision

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Made a decision

Ok...after everything I have read on here hubby and I have decided to wait 6 more months before we apply anywhere. By that time we will have 12 months history with our rental, 2 years clean credit reports, and for the other 2 credit lines 3 years of ontime car insurance and utilities. That should be enough for fha or va, which ever suits us best. We should be able to get down payments assistance if we go fha or zero down if we go va (hubby is a desert storm vet).... What I want to know is because it is just not possible for us to have alot saved for reserves...maybe a few hundred if we are lucky because of our income.....will we be ok with either program? We will be looking for a home with payments less than we are paying in rent, so we will be coming out better financially. Will this be enough to show that we can make payments???
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Made a decision

fha has no reserve requirement. i dont think va does either.
if your rent history is not with an institution, make sure you pay with checks for verification just to be safe
Retired Lender
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.