Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Made an Offer...here we go!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Made an Offer...here we go!!

My wife and I made an offer on a home Saturday and we found out last night that the seller accepted our offer.  I have posted my information on this forum before but its been a while.  See below:

Purchase Price : $154,000

Seller paying closing costs

10% down

My income is $50k and unfortunately has been at this level for the past three years.  I am a W2 employee, with the same firm for 6 years.  My wife finished up her bachelor's degree 12/09 and will be a teacher.  She has been substitute teaching since then and waiting for a job to open in our area.  She grossed $10k in 2010 while subbing.  Her previous years W2 were weak, as she was working part time during school.  She made around 5-7k each year. 

We have just under $20k in cash right now and I just liquidated a portion of my IRA ($10k) to put towards down payment.  This will give us $30k in cash by Friday.  I did this so that after we pay the $15,400 down payment, we will have some cash reserves in the bank.

I have just north of $41k in my 401k and my wife doesn't have any retirement funds.

We have little debt.  One credit card with $900 on it, CL is $3k, I think the min payment is $20, we pay $100/month, been trying to pay that one down after Christmas.  We pay $231/month for student loans, and we both own our vehicles with no loans.

When we went through Pre-Approval, our LO pulled a 690 on us.  My mid was 690, hers was 710.

My question, how do we look going into underwriting? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: Made an Offer...here we go!!

You should be fine

You didnt say what type of program you will be using

I assume FHA 

regardless the numbers sound solid - 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.