cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Made an offer...accepted! ----> a.k.a Home purchase venting thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Made an offer...accepted! Woo Hoo....

Valleyman, what company if your warranty going to be with? 

I really sat and read through the complaints and a few seemed legit, but most of them seemed to be that the customer never read through the contract and was expecting a brand new top of the line whatever to be installed where the contract clearly spells out they they only cover up to $1500 on the heating system or whatever. I have a feeling that may be the issue. People not reading the contract and then being upset that it isn't going to cover the whole thing. 

Message 21 of 365
first48
Frequent Contributor

UpUpUp, the company clearly explained to me that they were only going to pay 300.00 towards my new washer and anything over would be out of pocket by me.  They also provided me with the website to purchase the washer from. I only ended up paying 70 bucks out my pocket and then the 40 bucks for the home visit which is  total of 110.00.
2/01/09 TU 678 EQ 690 EX 655
06/12/2014 EQ 634/ TU 623/ EX 618
Message 22 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. That's good to know. I think the people posting negative reviews failed to read the contract. Also, you know more people are going to get on and say something negative then those who will get online and take the time to post something positive. So, I'm trying to weed through legit complaints and see who else just seemes scorned. Smiley Happy

I think it might be worth it to try for a year and see what happens. Atleast it offers some peace of mind. 

Message 23 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seemed like a year, but we have an executed P&S agreement so we are officially in contract. Finally! 

Message 24 of 365
TerrenceATL
Contributor

I know I'm late on this subject. But I see you were worried about de-winterization of the house. I just wanted to let you know I de-winterized the home I'm purchasing myself. It's really easy to do. I followed the steps on this insightful link: http://www.homeinspectoratlanta.com/system/files/userfiles/dewinterizing_checklist.pdf

Every plumber I contacted wanted at least $125 - $150 to de-winterize the house. It only cost me $10, which is what I had to pay for a water meter key from ace hardware to turn the water on from the meter at the street to the house. Even though I'm late on this topic, I figured it would be useful to others buying REO properties that have been de-winterized. I hope its not against the TOS to post that link, if so feel free to remove it and just pm me for the link.

6/1/2008 EQ -634
9/12/08 EX 691 * TU 689
10/02/08 EQ 677
11/11/08 TU 669 * EQ 668
1/15/09 EX 759 * EQ 788
9/24/09 EQ 761 * EX 729 (from NFCU loan app) * TU 666
Message 25 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information. I don't think you are in violation of TOS of the site for posting the link. I haven't read it yet, but if it has to do with dewinterizing, should be just fine. I'm sure many others will find it useful also.
Message 26 of 365
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Nope, no TOS issue so as long as the person submitting the link isn't affiliated with the company mentioned in the link.
Message 27 of 365
Donna1966
Regular Contributor

Awesome, congrats!!
Message 28 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Donna!
Message 29 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dead deal.  Was about a week away from closing and learned from lender that home is in a flood zone and I needed to obtain some flood insurance. After pulling flood maps from FEMA I find out its in a A zone flood plain and labeled as high risk. It was confusing me since there is no water in the area....but...there IS...there is an underground brook on the next block and this house sits dead center in the flood zone. Last time it flooded was 5 years ago according to the town. That's too close to comfort for me especially since my business was going in the basement. And, flood insurance was going to run an extra $150 a month!  Screw that.

Back to the drawing board!

Message 30 of 365
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.