cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Made an offer...accepted! ----> a.k.a Home purchase venting thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Made an offer..Accepted! Woo Who....

Thank you, Valleyman. That was a very kind message.  I hope you are right. It's so hard not to get discouraged. I have been seeing homes selling in as little as 6-8 days. They are up and then poof GONE!  I think the hardest part is that I am so far away so when it doesn't work out, I'm left waiting yet another week to hike the 3-4 hour drive up there again to try once more.  I have a long list of homes to look at on Saturday, though none of them are really wowing me, atleast from what I see online.I wish something cute would come along so I could go up there and snatch it up like everyone is doing to me before I get there!

I can't believe you are still waiting for your clear to close. Sheesh, they are going to make you wait right up until the bitter end. How awful. Hang in there! 

Message 71 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

have you been google mapping the ones without pictures? i've found a few like that that didn't even have signs out front.  Houses here are goinging within 3 to 4 days and it's hard for me to make the 45 minute drive within that time frame! darn work getting in the way!
Message 72 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yes, Calichick, I have been google mapping and then using the little man to take a walk around the neighborhoods. Hehe. I even go to the tax assessor websites and look at pictures on there!  I go on zillow and zoom in from overhead, I do it all.

Last night I was sitting on my computer and checked my email and this one listing showsup in my email box. I start reading it and it's almost too good to be true. Listed right at my price range, garage, fenced yard, 3 bed 2 baths, hardwood floors, DEAD END street, new windows, new heating system, etc. -  Just to strange that it fits every desire I have had. Now, it only had a picture of the outside. But it's a cute little Bungalow built in the 30's and that could be just perfect for me. I love older homes and lot of the old bungalows have really beautiful woodwork inside. If this one has columns between the living/dining area, I just might die. They are also great because they have huge basements most of the time. The tax assessor has this basement at over 1,000 sq ft. I could finish that and put my studio and a family room down there. 

Unless the place is missing walls inside and holes in the floors, the angels may have sent this one.  Hopefully no one goes today and snatches it up before I can go look on tomorrow. It was just listed at like 4pm yesterday. 

Message 73 of 365
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Sounds like you found another one to at least get you excited about going back there again this weekend.  Did you call about yet to see if it is still available?  I hope it works out for you.

As for me, I spoke with my broker yesterday afternoon.  I guess he locked me in at 5.0%, which I am very happy with for an FHA--last year I was looking at 6.5-7.0%.  He said he finally heard back from the underwriter and there was yet another piece of information that they requested.  I guess there was something else they needed in regards to the appraisal--some sort of certification that the home is not in any type of flood zone (made me think of you Smiley Wink ).  I guess the appraiser did the necessary inspection for that part, but didn't fill out the official certification because it typically isn't requested.  I guess that was sent in yesterday, and the new target date I got to receive the approval to close is Monday or Tuesday now.  If they come back with ANYTHING else, I may have to delay my close Smiley Sad  He assures me this is the last piece of info they will need (I believe this is the 3rd time I have heard that now).

Good luck (to both of us) over the next few days!

Message 74 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

Valleyman, That's great about the 5% rate, good fo ryou!!!  And, if they are only focused on the house, atleast you don't have to worry about YOU making it through underwriting. Sounds like they have moved past you and on to the house. If you go to floodsmart.gov you can find out if the house in a flood zone if it is, you can go to the FEMA site and pull the flood maps. Maybe they are looking for an elevation certificate if it's in a bordering flood plain area? Town records might have that already, too.  They had it already for the house I was looking at and cancelled the deal on. So maybe you can make a few calls and see if they can provide it to you. 

Get this...Mr. Jerko seller...the one I accepted the counter on and then decided he wanted more money has just called my agent to see if we are still interested in the house. Unbelieveable.  I told her, we'll get back to him tomorrow after we look at the other houses. I'm still going up there. He can wait another day..bastage!

Message 75 of 365
hijinxu
Valued Member

When your agent isnt looking take the key out of the lockbox so nobody else can view the home :-)
EQ: 611 | TU: 585 | EX 621 3/11/09 (EX thanks to my lender) also near 100% util
EQ: 570 | TU: 558 | EX:585 5/12/08
Message 76 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

tell me about it.  i lived in a craftsman taht was built in 1920 for a year as a renter.  and there really had been no updates to it at all.  with updates the house would have been beautiful.  but without it was a big pain in the middle of summer and the middle of winter.  it was always either too hot or too cold.  a little renovations and it would have been wonderful though.
Message 77 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOVE the craftsman homes.  I hear ya though, with the right person putting a little love into them they can be fantastic. But they often go neglected, which is so sad.

Calichik, you skydive?  Or just liked the quote? I have been twice. LOVE it.

Message 78 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

i read that quote somewhere quite a few years ago and it's just stuck ever since.  i've actually never been sky diving. half of me wants to some day, and then the other half of me REALLY doesn't.

i put a bid on house #2 last night. hopefully they don't take a week to tell me know like last time?

Message 79 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ohh! Good luck with house #2.  Is it bank owned, or is it a "real" seller? I think sellers are quicker to deal with - but more emotional, so it's kind of a double edged sword. Banks just want the number....sellers think they have the best house around so it's a struggle. Best of luck either way.

Hey, GFer, any word on YOUR closing?

Message 80 of 365
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.