Re: Made an offer...accepted! ----> a.k.a Home purchase venting thread

Keys???

(fingers crossed)

Message 351 of 365
RAISEUP
Regular Contributor

seven weeks and counting for me....Man Mad

Calichick, hope all went well for you, I think my Loan Officer forgot about me.

just coming here for therapy now.

Smiley Mad

~~~
Transunion 652 | 3/27/09-677 | 5/20-09 -683
Equifax 4/21/08 -609 | 5/4/08-632 | 12/26-08- 651 | 5/5/09 - 652
Experian 4/16/08- 613 | 11/08 - 646 | 3/27/09-673
~~~
Message 352 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes we did get keys finally! it has been a very hectic weekend as i also had a bachelorette party to attend in Lake Tahoe this weekend.

We got the key on friday, saturday morning i drove to Tahoe, came back very early Sunday morning.  That night we went to the house and turned the A/C on so my fiance's brother in law could clean the carpets for us. it was 108 so he couldn't come out til about 9pm.  So we've started out on the wrong foot with the neighbors have a very noisy carpet cleaning van outside late at night. Not so bad though as he was done by 10:15.  We spent all day moving yesterday and now my house is a complete mess. Luckily it was only 103 yesterday and breezy so while we were sweating our faces off the breeze kept things a little cooler. 

Even more exciting i finally get tv/internet tomorrow again at home.  a week without it is really HARD. what did people ever do before these glorious inventions???

Message 353 of 365
musikklvr
Frequent Contributor

FINALLY!! Congratulations Cali! I'm happy you got your keys finally!!

Starting Score: 668
Current Score: 712
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 354 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

So happy for you Cali!
Message 355 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like you live near the valley, I live in Stockton, and boy has it been hot the last few days.
Message 356 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh yeah.  I just moved from Modesto to Atwater (i work in Livingston). it HAS been hot lately, but luckily it's finally cooling off. Which is nice because that means i actually can go to the lake friday for the 4th of July weekend. Smiley Happy The lake is never fun in 108 degree weather.
Message 357 of 365
flintlockjo
New Contributor

Wow, sounds like everyone has had some trying times. I guess I'm in the same boat. Found the house, put in an offer, seller countered, I accepted. Had my inspections, ended up with a few minor problems, or so I thought.

The house has a well and septic, the well passed, and originally the septic did, now I find out Monday that the airiation system in it wasn't done correctly to the tune of $5,600 for the fix, and the sump pump isnt to code to the tune of $3,600 to fix. The seller isn't sure they want to repair for the amount that I'm buying the house, so Ive been waiting to find out if I have to walk away. It's in the sellers hands.

If I have to walk, they will repair and relist for more money. This just stinks!Smiley Sad

Flint

Your Latest FICO® Scores
TransUnion670Date: 4/16/2009
Equifax650Date: 4/16/2009
TransUnion662Date: 7/3/2009
Equifax673Date: 7/3/2009
Message 358 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone :-)

I submitted an offer on the cutest house last night (not the short sale). I'm sitting here on pins and needles waiting to hear back. I offered the full asking price with just 3K back for closing. I would think this would be a no-brainer for the seller...just accept my offer already!! :-) Hopefully I'll be back with good news.

Happy Thursday!!

Message 359 of 365
salsa34
New Contributor

Tammi - so, what happened, did they accept?? As for me, supposed to close Friday according to the contract, but I haven't heard anything concrete, just waiting and wondering what is going on exactly!
Message 360 of 365
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.