cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Made an offer...accepted! ----> a.k.a Home purchase venting thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Made an offer..Accepted! Woo Who....

Aw, that sucks. I loved this one too. I hope something better comes along. I did find another that I REALLY love and could be happy there for a long time, but it's a bank owned out of my price range.  My agent thinks it's grossly overpriced, which it would seem since 2 recent comps sold within my budget in the same neighborhood and it's been on the market for a 11 months. We may take a stab at it, but even though I know our offer would be fair, especially for a house that's been sitting vacant for a year and we can close in less than a month, I don't see them doing it.

In the market I am in, your seller was an idiot. Mine was too, we accepted at $10k under his asking price. Moron. Let their homes sit for another couple of months and have a lower offer come along.  Then they will be kicking themselves.

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 03-16-2009 08:57 AM
Message 51 of 365
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

Go for it Up!! Make an offer on the REO - cant hurt,you may just get yourself a good deal since you realllllly loved it!Smiley Happy

I agree, although this NJ market is scaring me - houses are getting listed higher and higher in my area, and I have no clue why if they're just going to sit around!

I think you're in NY (?)

Message 52 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, I am in NY right now, but we are headed to New England (RI or MA) specifically. Prices have come down, don't get me wrong, but I could still just barely afford the house here, it's the taxes that are a deal breaker for me nearly $10k a year for a 1000 sq ft home. No thanks!  I'd rather live comfortably in a beautiful old colonial with a garage and a big yard, then a smaller yard, no garage a toolshed sized home.  The thing that really gets me is that I can easily afford it (the gorgeous REO even at it's overpriced list), but because of my self-employed income, they take the last 2 years tax returns and average them out to get your income...in 2007 I took all my deductions and write offs which GREATLY reduced my income, thus my qualifying income for a loan. So, had I not done that, this perdy little house would be mine already. So sad!
Message 53 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, submitted an offer today on House #3. Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

Message 54 of 365
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay, submitted an offer today on House #3. Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

Third time's a charm. Good luck.
Message 55 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Ms Kiwi. Maybe we'll hear something great tomorrow and I can credit it to the Luck O' the Irish. (Hey, a girl can wish, right?)
Message 56 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPUPUP. I appreciate the knd words and yes it has take me a while to get myscore to a 655 and i now understand that it requires the same focus to keep it going up and sustain it. I am upupup for the challenge.

Thanks again! I wish you well!

Message 57 of 365
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you, Ms Kiwi. Maybe we'll hear something great tomorrow and I can credit it to the Luck O' the Irish. (Hey, a girl can wish, right?)

I'll keep my crossables crossed for you. Good luck.

Message 58 of 365
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Good luck Up.  Keep us updated.  I am still waiting for my final approval to close.  Apparently, my app just finally hit underwriting yesterday.  I was supposed to hear the results already last week, but now it appears they have just started looking at it.  My closing appt is on March 30, so I am getting really anxious.  I hope nothing goes wrong this late in the game for my--that would be devastating.

Message 59 of 365
GFer
Valued Contributor

Good luck Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 60 of 365
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.