cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Made an offer...accepted! ----> a.k.a Home purchase venting thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Made an offer..Accepted! Woo Who....

@valley_man0505 wrote:

Good luck Up.  Keep us updated.  I am still waiting for my final approval to close.  Apparently, my app just finally hit underwriting yesterday.  I was supposed to hear the results already last week, but now it appears they have just started looking at it.  My closing appt is on March 30, so I am getting really anxious.  I hope nothing goes wrong this late in the game for my--that would be devastating.

I hope everything works out. I'm sure it will be fine.They just like to keep this process as stressful as possible. ;-)

Post back as soon as you hear from underwriting!!

Message 61 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GFer wrote:
Good luck Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks. I don't want to jinx myself especially since I truly have the worst luck ever...I'm one of those people that will buy the lemon of everything, cars, electronics, etc. I even bought a faulty smoke detector last week. Hahaha. It always happens to me. So...with that said, I know the odds are against me, but for some reason I am optomistic about this one. Maybe it's just because I really WANT this one to go through. The other two houses I was fine with the waiting and it didn't bother me at all, this one I have already lost sleep over. I'm wearing my green for St. Patty's Day, all my pets are wearing their irish collars and I'm and staying positive. That's the best I can do!

Message 62 of 365
GFer
Valued Contributor

That's all you can do! I do understand the loss of sleep! LOL

I didn't stress the wait with my other contracts either. Now with this one I thought all was good to go. Felt kinda surreal that things were moving smoothly and nothing coming up.

Then yesterday LO says he heard back from UW. Good news: all they wanted was a letter of explanation on the loan gap prior to this job. Going into this, is seems the LO and realtor didn't see a problem with it because my file was strong in every other aspect. Now they haven't said they were worried about this---even now.

I guess I'm just waiting for something/someone to burst my bubble. It's just been too easy with this one. Especially after reading so many headaches and/or nightmares on here with other people's experiences.

Yesterday I was happily nervous at hearing that we were getting close. Today I'm just nervous. Smiley Indifferent

I'm off work today, so I'll guess I'll go do some chores and find things to do to keep me busy for awhile.

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 63 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know what? Maybe it's just TIME that something goes smoothly for you and it's destined to fall into place. That's what I am going to believe. YES, keep busy, that's the best thing you can do to save your sanity. I think you are pretty good to go though. Smiley Wink
Message 64 of 365
GFer
Valued Contributor

You know what, Up? While everyone on the boards is great...I think YOU are most positive and supporting!

Do appreciate it!!!

Message 65 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aw, thanks!  Ya know, when you've been through a lot of hurdles in life (and I know you have already, too) you kind of learn to let the small stuff roll off.  Now, I know this is a big thing....and it's nearly impossible not to get EXCITED, but to STRESS is totally different.  If it doesn't work out, it's an inconvenience, and a let down and a big all around bummer, but it's not the end of the world...and I'm bettin' you've been through worse. So, all you can do it just take it all in and hope for the best. You've made it this far, I'm bettin' you make it to the end on this one!!
Message 66 of 365
GFer
Valued Contributor

Yes, I WILL! LOL

Hey, at least I got a lot of things done today!! Smiley Wink

Strange how productive I get when I'm worried! LOL 

Thank you!

Message 67 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are so funny. Atleast you had a productive day!!
Message 68 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another one bites the dust. They accepted an offer yesterday.  They will keep us as a back up. 

Oye...starting to get discouraged now.  Smiley Sad

Message 69 of 365
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Another one bites the dust. They accepted an offer yesterday.  They will keep us as a back up. 

Oye...starting to get discouraged now.  Smiley Sad

I hope you aren't heading into the same pattern I was in when I started searching last year around this time.  When we first started looking, I came up with a list of houses that I was interested in that seemed to be priced pretty good.  Well, my 1st list of 8 houses contained 7 that had just accepted offers within the previous couple weeks (and the last one only looked good online thanks to a very good photographer I guess--turned out to be kind of a dump).  When I did finally find some to look at, I found one I really liked and I planned to put an offer in, but, wouldn't you know...someone beat me to that one too.  Oh well, it all worked out in the end for me (I THINK--still no word on my final approval to close) and I am glad I did not find something last year.  Try not to get discouraged.

Look on the bright side, the govt announcement yesterday should drive the rates even lower--maybe the "forces that be" are trying to make sure the timing of your dream home comes at the same time as the low point in mortgage rates Smiley Wink

Message 70 of 365
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.