Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making an Offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Making an Offer

thanks for the advice, good to know.... It would be so cool, if they came back and said, "The seller accepts your offer" haha, but I know I am not holding my breath...freak'n out over here! Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 14
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does it ever happen were the seller will accept my first offer without a counter offer?  Is this even heard of?

Our first offer was accepted for a house a few weeks ago. We had expected some counter offering happening, as two other offers were about the same as ours, slightly higher. But our another 20K to sweeten the deal never entered the picture, as the package our agent presented was so contingency-free and reliable that the seller could accept it and never lose a minute of sleep, so we got the house. There's a lot to be said for a nice presentation!

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, they did counter, and we countered back, and they countered, and we accepted! hahaha, oh well, it would of been so awesome if they took our first offer, I am sure that is very rare! Smiley Happy now time to pack...ugh

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, they did counter, and we countered back, and they countered, and we accepted! hahaha, oh well, it would of been so awesome if they took our first offer, I am sure that is very rare! Smiley Happy now time to pack...ugh

It's called capitalism, and how things get done in the USA.  You got what you needed, and everybody made some money.  I'd call that a good day.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.