Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual FHA Underwriting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Manual FHA Underwriting

We were pre qualified to purchase a home with the FHA program.  Have a 3 1/2 year BK and a 3 year old short sale.  Credit is recovered to mid 700's.  No issue with DTI or any other factors.  We ratified a contract on the home we want to purchase, home inspection went great, appraisal can in 5k over sales price.  During the process, it was found out that the short sale apparently did not report on my credit report as a short sale, so this made our loan move to manual UW.  I provided every item that was asked for the next day, and it has now been a week since I provided the documents and my LO says the UW hasn;t even looked at our file.  LO keeps assuring me that there is no issue, but I am so nervous.  Anyone else have to go through manual UW?  Any comments would be appreciated.

Thank you

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Manual FHA Underwriting

It is SOP. Don't worry about it. You have the paperwork provided to the u/w. If the u/w needs more, believe me they will ask. Sounds like you have it covered.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Take a day long road trip to somewhere, and get your mind off this stuff for awhile. The sittin around thinkin about it, much worse than the actual doing.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.  I just want to know how long I should wait to hear before I start looking at other lenders as a back up.  And you're right, I do need to try to stop focusing on it.  I am driving my husband nuts with my stress.  Thanks

Message 4 of 6
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Take a day long road trip to somewhere, and get your mind off this stuff for awhile. The sittin around thinkin about it, much worse than the actual doing.

Listen to this master of stress management. He knows of which he speaks!

Also, I've learned [albeit late in life] that I should not stress about things over which I have almost no control. I only wish that I had that one figured out when I was 21!

Message 5 of 6
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

agree to what ez said...

and make sure to request nachos and beer at your closing!!!  Smiley Very Happy

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.