Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mary's house buying journey

tag
jcrsmom
Contributor

Re: Mary's house buying journey

Aww that is so sad Smiley Sad  I remember the day I logged on and saw pending, I had such a pit in my stomach wondering if we made a huge mistake.  I tried finding other houses in good shape and it was a joke.  This one was well taken care of, has a built in generator which is a huge asset and just overall was what we wanted.  The downfall is it sits on a main road but it's in the country so not like a busy city or anything.  My youngest won't be 3 forever so eventually he will learn Smiley Wink

Current EX Score: 760

Message 11 of 21
jcrsmom
Contributor

I am counting on them going up but worst case is it will go up 2%.  We've gone back and forth and explored other options and this was what fit us best.  

Message 12 of 21
iamkeithj
Valued Member

I'm sorry I meant 0% no funding fee. Mine also shows 0% no origination fee and I'm using realtyplus to get cash back for using their preferred agents.
Message 13 of 21
jcrsmom
Contributor

Gotcha Smiley Happy Yep, no orig. fee either.  I also like that they offer 2K towards closing costs although our seller is paying ours.

Message 14 of 21
Laura1369
Regular Contributor

Congrats! I am also in the burbs north of philly... Like way north! Haha okay so the burbs north of Scranton! Haha again congrats!
Message 15 of 21
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@jcrsmom wrote:

Gotcha Smiley Happy Yep, no orig. fee either.  I also like that they offer 2K towards closing costs although our seller is paying ours.

What happens in a situation where there's 2K credit toward closing, but seller pays closing?  Does that mean that you're leaving 2K on the table?

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 21
jcrsmom
Contributor

I was wrong, it's actuall 1500. from the CU but if all are covered by the seller, the CU doesn't offer anything.

Message 17 of 21
jcrsmom
Contributor

Well, kind of at a standstill for now.  While we knew that the buyers who backed out needed flood insurance and we thought we might, we did not realize the cost of it was so much.  We are hoping that our appraiser will use the elevation map and tell us that we are not considered a flood zone.  The kicker is the pond that they are using for the flood zone is empty and plants growing in it.  I talked to the neighbor behind and 3 doors down and they have never had any issues with flooding and they don't carry insurance.  I am praying this all works out because it's so nerve racking.  If we do have to carry flood insurance, we will most like walk due to the cost.  Appraisal is Wed or Thurs.

Message 18 of 21
jcrsmom
Contributor

Finally got the clear to close on  Sept.24th.  We waited 5 weeks to hear back from Fema but we got the map amendment approval.  

Message 19 of 21
jcrsmom
Contributor

We are now home owners, woohoo!  We made settlement on the 24th as planned and everything went smoothly. Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.